Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Weird News Wednesday

OSLO, Norway - It almost seemed like a miracle to Haldis Gundersen when she turned on her kitchen faucet this weekend and found the water had turned into beer.
(Jackpot!)

Two flights down, employees and customers at the Big Tower Bar were horrified when water poured out of the beer taps. By an improbable feat of clumsy plumbing, someone at the bar in Kristiandsund, western Norway, had accidentally hooked the beer hoses to the water pipes for Gundersen's apartment.
(I'm thinking I may need to look for an apartment over a chocolate factory and work out this kind of mistake. 'I just turned on the bath water, when I came back my tub was FULL of chocolate. I don't know how it happened. Honest!')

"We had settled down for a cozy Saturday evening, had a nice dinner, and I was just going to clean up a little," Gundersen, 50, told The Associated Press by telephone Monday. "I turned on the kitchen faucet and beer came out." However, Gundersen said the beer was flat and not tempting, even in a country where a half-liter (pint) can cost about 25 kroner ($3.75) in grocery stores.
(I am thinking if beer ran through our taps Mr. Lime might be more inclined to help in the post meal clean-up. Hhhmmm.....wheels are turning. There may be some serious market potential here...)

Per Egil Myrvang, of the local beer distributor, said he helped bartenders reconnect the pipes by telephone. "The water and beer pipes do touch each other, but you have to be really creative to connect them together," he told local newspapers.
(They had perhaps been engaged in excessive quality control testing of the beer tap prior to working on it the first time?)

Gundersen joked about having the pub send up free beer for her next party. "But maybe it would be easier if they just invited me down for a beer," she said.
(Pity they had to fix it right before St. Patrick's Day.)

*UPDATE: Hhhmm.....ok, I haven't been to Thom's all week, he posted this story earlier in the week. So, sorry for a repeat (not plagiarism, I repeat NOT plagiarism!), I decided to keep the post anyway. The commentary is all mine. That and I am kinda too lazy to think of anything else, and I have a midterm project that I haven't even started, and....and....and....Oh just deal with it, ok??

12 comments:

James Goodman said...

That would be awesome...well, until it came time to take a shower. :D

SM said...

I wonder how beer does cutting through tough baked-in lasagne on this baking pan.. :)

Kelly said...

Mmmmm Beer..

S said...

Beer for water...water for beer......this could go on and on....sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Even if not the first time posted still fun with your commentary.
We still love you, and go get ready for that test!!

The Village Idiot said...

now let me get this straight...beer from the faucet...fill up the tub..I'm coming over!

lecram sinun said...

Beer running out of taps... yep, that would have been a great St. Paddy's Day. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so heading to Oslo. Thanks for the tip, Lime! LOL have a good day darlin'
TG

Kelly said...

alcohol is the cause of and solution to all of life's problems.

lime said...

james....hence my preference for chocolate plumbing

steven, an excellent question!

myutopia....i think you may be right.

bare, endless cycle eh?

logo, thanks, babe. i knew i could count on you

idiot, i already have it full of chocolate, remember? sheesh

lecram, wink wink

tommy, don't forget your longjohns, it's cold up there!

Bsoholic said...

Indeed a dream come true. Ahhhhhhh.

Mark Leslie said...

Oh gee, beer coming out of the taps - who cares if its flat....sigh.....