- School buses are sardine cans on wheels. I am 5'4" and a size 12, but I was wedged into a seat in such a way that my knees were smashed against the seat in front of me. How does a tall person cope with this? Also, I had to turn sideways going down the aisle unless I wanted both my hips banged on each seat. I am a size 12 people! That's hardly obese!
- The suspension system of a school bus rivals only that of a Conestoga Wagon, which by the way, was developed in Lancaster County, PA. Betcha didn't know that didja?
- Route 22 in PA has got to be the worst highway in the nation. (I've driven from PA to CA and back, remember). It has potholes that can swallow school buses, and they are periodically spaced just far enough to rattle the teeth out of your head.
- When 4th graders go to the State Museum they will be more impressed by coprolites than any other exhibit. (coprolites are fossilized poop, another little nugget of trivia for you all)
- The trilobite is the PA state fossil. I never knew we had one to be quite honest. If someone had asked I might have suggested it was Jack Palance who was born in Hazelton, PA.
- When you watch the Representatives voting on various bills, 4th graders will wonder why the Reps are so rude by walking around the floor and talking to their neighbors instead of listening even though the 4th graders were busy poking each other and laughing about coprolite when the tour guide was explaining that the chandeliers in the Senate weigh two tons each.
- Field trips are fun when you have a small and fun group of kids like I had. They will love it if you giggle about coprolite with them.
- Your local State Representative will give your son a savings bond because he is impressed that the kid knows Philadelphia was the first state capital, Lancaster was for a day (when they were moving it to Harrisburg and couldn't make the trip in a single day), and Harrisburg has been the capital ever since.
- Sometimes being a vast repository of useless knowledge pays off, especially when your kid demonstrates he has been listening. Way to go Isaac!
Happy Wednesday all. Give me some trivia on your state or province!
*Breazy, Logo, and Damasta have agreed to be interviewed. I am hoping to have Breazy's interview up by Friday or perhaps do a rare weekend post to put it up. Logo's and Damasta's will follow as I am able to complete them.
*As I am typing this at 7ish in the morning it is snowing. The ground is covered as are the trees. It is APRIL 5th for crying out loud! yeah, another little joy about life in PA, snow in April. ACK!