Monday, June 18, 2007

Places to Go, People to See...

Friday at 4am Diana took off with a group of 14 other folks to go to Louisiana to do hurricane recovery demolition/construction work. I've gotten a couple calls and text messages and one picture that is cute as can be of her and a pal in a mask. It's on my phone though and I am not hi -tech enough to figure out how to get it onto my computer so you all can see.

What I do have is a picture of the warning signs she posted on her bedroom door and in her room since I informed her I'd be cleaning it thoroughly in her absence.



In case you can't read the fine print on this first one it says, 'Oh & this is still my room so it's still just as off limits to all of you (Mom) as it would be!'



Just in case I missed that first one....Guess what...too bad, kiddo. The room gets a REAL cleaning once a year when you go away.

Saturday we got to visit with an old friend from college and his family. He is in the military and has been all over the place for the last 13 years so I am guessing it has been at least 10 since we saw each other. It was a fun time to catch up.

Sunday was, of course, Father's Day and my family reunion. Mr. Lime is not terribly happy about family reunions especially when they fall on Father's Day and I do understand. He was a reasonably good sport about it. But I really have to ask how can you not have fun at a reunion where there is an impromptu scar comparison contest? It started when two cousins were comparing scars from cellulitis, it continued when another cousin showed the long scar on her ankle from where she broke it an had metal put in. Next, I counted off the 5 scars on my left arm from the 'zip line incident.' Then another cousin decided to pull up his shirt and pull down his pants so he could show a gnarly back surgery scar. Then his wife flashed the brand new hip replacement scar she has. Finally my great uncle lifted his shirt to trump us all with his open heart surgery scar. We reminded him his older sister had the same scar and someone said, 'Oh she can't show that!' I reminded them that our dear 85 year old aunt, if challenged would flash us all without hesitation. She is, after all, the one who stood on stage singing along to 'I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts' doing rather suggestive movements during her younger sister's 80th birthday party. Unfortunately I do not have pictures of this whole competition to share with you all. Perhaps you are glad.

Instead I will leave you with a picture of our newest member who just came home to us from Central America a few months ago. Is she not the most adorable little girl? Welcome to the clan sweet girl!

21 comments:

S said...

Oh lordy, now look what you all have gone and done...got another little one to corrupt.
Next thing you know she's gonna be prancing around on stage singing the coconut song AND showing off the scar she got when her sharp little baby fingernail scratched her face while she was asleep one night...
It's not too late to rescue her from a life of Limefamilyoddities!

lecram sinun said...

awwww... she is very sweet. America's Got Scars... think there's a ratings hit in the making?

Charles said...

Fun,fun. I can relate to Mr Lime's lament. I didn't get to see my daughter last Father's Day, that was depressing. I did get to see her yesterday, and it is so much better to see your progeny. On the other hand, the older limes got to see their's.
Hope you're having a good week.

Bsoholic said...

Those signs are great!

Sounded like it was a pretty good family reunion too. Haha! :)

Breazy said...

I love the signs and the scar contests. I always love family reunions, we have a huge family on both sides and I love getting together with all of them and catching up.

The new addition is beautiful!

Hope you have a good day!

Jim said...

Lol . . . that daughter of yours needs some training in how to make and set some real boobytraps. The can of paint over the door . . . the electric doorknob . . . the upside down box of bugs . . . the thumbtack-ridden carpet . . . have her call me when she gets back.

XO

Anonymous said...

Tee Hee... I so want to come to your family reunions. I'd be in a good running with my scars!

Shari said...

A new Lime? Aww, how can a Lime be so sweet? :)

Scar contest? What fun? My daughter would win that one. Better than getting out the weight scale and comparing weight gains/losses, eh?

Hypersonic said...

And ain't dat cute!?

RennyBA said...

What a funny family reunion with scar comparison! I would have loved to be there as I have 124 stitch on different part of my body - but then again I'm a Viking and as we say in Norway: 'Crazy foxes gets teared fur:-)

Yes, the new member of the clan was a cuty!

Sheri said...

oh those pony tails are the cutest!!!! Wilcome to the Lime family little one.

Your daughters notes crack me up!

Anonymous said...

you can send the picture to your email address -- then, post it

barman said...

What a cutie and how wonderful to keep the Lime tradition going. Your family reunions sound like fun. They always schedule mine at the same time I am in a golf scramble. I consider it rude that they moved it to the weekend and have kept it there despite my complaining and a few others. They were nice one year and moving it to Sunday. Yea I was able to attend.

I love the signs. I think you need a sign something to the affect Management reserves the right to yadda, yadda, yadda.

Oh I do have a nice full blown gull bladder surgery scar and several others from falling on the asphalt play ground and getting burned at the galvanizing plant I worked at. Certainly nothing to compare however.

Phain said...

you should save those signs - in 20 years you can compare them at the next family reunion! i have saved notes from The Girl - elaborately decorated with glitter and paint - where she begs me for little things like to sleep on the couch on a saturday night (of course i said yes...she used GLITTER!).

G-Man said...

Loved Lady Di's notes to you all...Smart-ass kids!
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I love your daughter's signs.
Very creative.:)
tc

Mona said...

awwww! so sweet!! the little girl with pigtails is soooo adorable!! You just want to grab her!
I wish I had a daughter!!!

Scars display must have been fun!:)

& blogger ate your comment on my post. I answered it anyway!

Cosima said...

Oh, she is adorable! What a sweet heart!

What hidden treasures does Diana hide in her room? Boobie traps... uuh?1?

Kelly said...

I haven't seen my dad for father's day in four years : (

Moosekahl said...

I love those pigtails! Sounds like a great weekend and scars are cool.

jillie said...

Can I join in on your scar contest? I've got a bazillion of them all from surgeries too...ugh!

What a beautiful little girl ;o)