Ok, forgive me because I have a litany of complaints before I do any counting of the good stuff I have in life. Migraines make my nasty side come out. So in no particular order.
1. Sixth grade teachers who have a behavior management plan more appropriate for prisons. Isaac is a good kid who avoids trouble and who is already his own worst critic. This is only going to crush his spirit.
2. Nine migraine pills costing $230 dollars. Fucking criminal if you ask me. Would you like to buy groceries this week or would you like to be a functional human being?
3. Trying to take a shower and having the entire shower head assembly fall off the wall due to the pipe snapping off inside the wall. Oh joy. Did I mention that whoever built this house didn't include an access panel for the bathroom plumbing?
4. Little League coaches who can't seem to give us a damned practice schedule. They just call with less than 24 hours notice to say we are having practice. Oh, and they are not the great coaches we had in the Spring, the ones who help the kids develop skills and build them up and want the game to be fun. No, these are the gorillas dripping in testosterone who belittle the kids when they make mistakes and suck ever ounce of joy from the game. Jackasses.
5. Being laid out flat but this damned migraine after I thought I had it licked.
I could go on but I am supposed to be counting this week so again, in no particular order...
1. A friend who listened to my concerns for Isaac this year and gave me a pep talk to help me continue being Isaac's cheerleader. (Isaac tends to get really stuck in the negative thinking and can be hard to pull out of it.)
2. I'm going to go to the chiropractor today and have this wretched headache dealt the death knell. It won't make it go away immediately but it will take the edge off and will at least make things go in the right direction. I'm also glad that this thing didn't hit me on Saturday or I'd be in misery until Monday.
3. During the window I thought I had the headache beaten I told Diana and Calypso they could have a friend sleep over last night. THEN the beast came roaring back to eat through my skull. Fortunately my girls and their friend are kids I can trust not to flatten the house. I just asked them to please inhabit the den and keep things to a dull roar so I could sleep. They did that and I hit the sack at 8 PM. Bless them all.
4. Mr. Lime bought Chinese food so I was not required to function well enough to cook dinner.
Wish me luck, I have Little League practice at 5:30 and girls to get to marching band and football right around the same time. Hopefully by then I feel human again.