Monday, August 09, 2010

Da Count...a Few Days Early

Without going into a lot of detail the last few days have been particularly frustrating and have really gotten me down for a variety of reasons.  There's just been a seemingly unending series of hits, none of them overwhelming all by themselves but taken together I just felt beaten down.  Monday was just a crappy day that started out bad and got worse and following on the heels of other days which followed a similar pattern.  One friend gave a listening ear and enough kind words to keep me putting one foot in front of the other.  After work last night a coworker and I went for ice cream and just talked for a good while. When I got home I found that Calypso had rediscovered the helpful version of herself.  She had some tacos waiting.  Oh, and those tacos....seems the ground venison has disappeared again...Calypso was feeling frustrated and vented to a friend who then took it upon himself to run himself and his sister to the store to get Calypso some ground meat for tacos.  That was just going above and beyond and it kind of blew me away that this kid and his sister would go so far out of their way since they live about 30 minutes away from us.  And no, I don't think this was his way of angling to curry favor with Calypso in hopes of a date.  I've seen him do exceedingly kind things for other people with no expectation of anything in return.

I'm still working on getting over that beaten down feeling (I think going to bed soon after I click "publish" will help) but the string of unexpected kindnesses certainly are very welcome and appreciated bits of relief to start the recovery.

15 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

Had a similar Monday, came home yesterday morning and found my son's girlfriend already over at our house being dropped off by her mother. So after working third-shift and not wanting to upset anyone I found myself playing chaperone for them and short order cook for my daughter.

I was not a happy camper.

Dave said...

There's a saying you may know Michelle.... "Sh-t happens." We can do nothing about it but accept these times and like waves in the sea, let them go over our heads, As you say, there are enough good people out there to balance our lives for us.

(M)ary said...

Ahhh...the boy and his sister sound like great kids! i hope the week gets better and your da count on friday is for winning the lottery or for meeting Hugh Jackman at the gas station....

Cricket said...

Yep - sometimes going to bed, cashing in one day, and trying again on the next is all you can do. A "count" never hurts, either. I think we've all been there. Hope things look up again soon.

Cricket said...

p.s. - My Monday wasn't so hot, either. Maybe it's the moon phase? Ugh. Here's to Tuesday.

Suldog said...

This reprobate's prayer is being said for you right now!

Bijoux said...

Hope it's a Terrific Tuesday for you!

Jazz said...

This too will pass. Yep. It will.

Bubba said...

Everybody gets down when things aren't as sunny as usual. But if these are typical of the problems you face, then basically you've got a great life.

Still, limes are known for being bright, strong and bold, and I'm sure you'll find yourself on top again soon.

Rob said...

So sorry about the dismal start to your week, Michelle. I hope things are already looking up (as they eventually always do). In the meantime, virtual hugs to you as you soldier on through these cloudy days, waiting for the sun to shine through once again...

Craig said...

Would a {hug} help?

Sorry your day was so crappy.

But this is some very count-worthy stuff, and I'm glad it could at least somewhat ameliorate the crappiness. . . Thanks for sharing it with us. . .

As Red Green would say - I'm pullin' for ya; we're all in this together. . .

S said...

Heh, perhaps the kids hid the rest of the venison because they wanna eat some burgers and pork chops for a change! :P

Hee hee did you like the tacos?

I know what you mean though, Lime about the moods, one minute LR is a monster, and the next she wants to dance, hug me and make me some cookies!? ARGH!

Cooper said...

Rock on...a step at a time.

G-Man said...

And I've seen your daughter..WOW!
Nothing wrong with that angle.

Kat said...

Unexpected kindnesses are the best! Especially when you are having such down days. That boy sounds like a peach! Love that. :)
Hope you are feeling better soon!