So just in case anyone has lost count, Isaac had knee surgery in May, followed closely by Mr. Lime having foot surgery. In the middle of June Calypso was hospitalized during a bout with mono which left her dehydrated. She was again hospitalized at the end of August with a bacterial infection which required IV antibiotics and that whole episode reactivated her mono so she is still feeling like a dishrag and only able to attend school half days at this point. Oh, and just in case I think I don't need to be worried about Diana, she called to say she feels flu-ish and her chest is badly congested and breathing is hard. I told her to get her butt to the college health center.
So once again I find myself asking for prayers, good thoughts, healing energy, anything good you'd be willing to send in the direction of my entire family. I'm feeling rather weary with having my everyone beset by all this. However I know things could be worse and I know I need some good stuff to focus on. To that end, here are the things I am counting a couple days early.
- My employers have been wonderfully understanding every time I've had a kid with a surgery/admission worthy event. They don't give me grief about taking time off. They've also been generous about providing care for us all.
- I have some really great coworkers too. Some of them are going through some hard times as well and generally we are supportive and encouraging of each other.
- It's a thumb, not a spine or a brain or heart or lungs or a myriad of other things.
- Someone brought dinner tonight.
- Someone else said they'd bring dinner the night of surgery.
- The friends I can contact when the excrement hits the oscillating device.