- Just making it through the year's ups and downs and still standing.
- Getting a new job in the office where I've been a patient after working in the office from hell first.
- Terrific coworkers who function as a team.
- Understanding bosses when my family has had crisis after crisis and I've missed work to sit in a hospital.
- A mother who came to help.
- A stepmother who shocked me beyond words with a very generous gift intended to help.
- A dad, who in the past would have barely acknowledged the difficulties, but who gave words of support when they were needed.
- Moments of great maturity displayed by my kids.
- The times when they've included me or opened up to me.
- The excellent choice in friends Diana has made at college...(service minded kids who take good care of each other and in an emergency make sure to put a mom's mind at ease)
- Calypso's perseverance with regard to getting through her senior year well in spite of her health issues.
- Isaac handling, with relative grace, the loss of his two favorite sporting seasons due to injuries requiring surgery.
- Successful surgeries.
- Generally having at least one functioning vehicle or managing to find the money to make one function when needed.
- Not being seriously injured when I hit the deer.
- Having part of another deer (from during archery season last month) in the freezer.
- Enough wood pellets to keep the stove burning and the house warm.
- Enough food to keep the bellies filled (even the adolescent male one, which seems like a bottomless pit).
- Piles of books to keep my mind full.
- Medicine when we need it.
- Free care from my boss to keep my back working and to help Calypso regain some health.
- The comfort of old friends.
- The encouragement from present friends.
- The hope of new friends.
- That as challenging as things have been, I'm still standing and so is my family.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Da Big Count-Taking Stock
Time for a bit of reflection on many of the things I am thankful for since last year.