Sunday, May 06, 2012

Playing with the New Lens-In the Yard

Now that I have a functioning computer, I am not consumed by medical drama, and I have had some time to goof around I can finally post some of my experimentation with my new camera lens.

The first little shoots from my bleeding heart.



Some of the blue bells that grow in the middle of the yard until Mr. Lime mows.


On of my favorite flowers.  No, really.  A world without dandelions is a world without frequent bouquets for mommies.  There is great beauty in a grubby handful of yellow ones and the white ones are all about dreams.


The bleeding hearts after they grew a bit.


My mother's favorite.  These were transplanted from her yard.


I had hoped to take pictures of the supermoon this weekend but we had complete cloud cover and rain.  So instead, the next day I got picture of raindrops.


This drop on a peony leaf seems to be ready to shout, "Geronimo!"


Finally, some of the delicate pink tulips in the bouquet I bought myself to celebrate being healthy.

15 comments:

Craig said...

Very nice. . .

Anonymous said...

great shots...maybe you'll bridge the gap between ansel adams and georgia o'keefe....

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Great shots.
I didn't get any of the Super Moon either. I did get some bugs on an iris.

Commander Zaius said...

Supermoon? Didn't see it but if it was Saturday night I have a reason, Cinco De Mayo.

Dave said...

You are a very talented photographer Michelle. I specially liked the bluebell and thistledown photos. Well done! - Dave

Daryl said...

Still cheering, hooray, at the good news .. what lens did you get .. nice pix!

Principled Slut said...

Someday.

Someday I will have a new lens for a camera that I don't yet own and wouldn't yet know how to use if I did.

I love buying yourself celebratory flowers. Definitely a worthy purchase!

Craig said...

I forget where I got it (I'm pretty it was a gift of some sort), but I have a paperweight that's a dandelion puff much like the one you show here, pristinely encased in a solid glass ball. . .

Kat said...

Gorgeous! Great job! I LOVE those tulips. Ooooo. :)

IT (aka Ivan Toblog) said...

Did you get a macro lens?

lime said...

thanks all! for those wondering the lens is a sigma 70-300mm with macro capability.

Craver Vii said...

These look fantastic. I especially liked the first shot with the bleeding hearts. I'm sorry that it took so long for me to respond, but when I saw the picture of a dandelion, I put a bullet hole through my monitor.

Chickadee said...

Outstanding. Love the photos. Hope to see more. Incidentally, you have two pics of my favorite flowers - bleeding hearts and lily of the valley :)

Jocelyn said...

That new camera's becoming one of your best pals. You two are great together.

Hilary said...

So pretty, one and all.