Sunday, May 31, 2015

Before May Ends...

...I have to get in at least one blog post.

It's been a month of insanity.  I started the month teaching one yoga class a week.  Then the studio owner opened a second site and I picked up a second class there.  Next was an after school class for some of the teachers where I work.  Finally we added subbing for the owner while she's off on a seven week world tour so I had a couple of weeks where I taught four nights in a row after doing my day job every day.  And just in case that wasn't tiring enough PennDOT decided it was time to dig up the main route to work thus doubling my commute time... and hour and a half to go 40 miles...oh joy oh bliss.  And yes, I tried alternate routes. The problem is, this area is rural enough that they aren't highways and all the other commuters decided to try them too so they are just as gunked up as the main route.  Yeah, so I have been just beat.

I've also been going to this writer's group for the last several months.  I like it.  A lot.  It's a terrific group of talented people and they have been very welcoming.  The irony is I've written fewer original pieces in the months I've been attending than before I started.  Sigh.  I did introduce them to the concept of the Friday 55s and they all have enjoyed writing their own.  It makes me smile thinking G-man lives on in this little group of writers even though he is no longer with us to host it here.

Work continues to be.....um...fascinating.  It would seem that having a rotten situation made permanent is my reward for making things work well in a situation I thought would be temporary.  Damn my ridiculous work ethic and concern for the students.  What was I thinking by trying to provide good service?

Isaac is in Haiti and has requested I send his copy of The Hobbit.  It encourages this library lady that when he kid is in the Third World he is not pining for his game system or some other luxury but for books.

Calypso and I have begun an herbalism course together.  I am excited to share it with her even if I am concerned about my ability to work well with plants given that in a mere three weeks I killed a houseplant I was given.

Next month I go visit Diana in Georgia.  I can't wait to see her.  It's been since Christmas.

Other than that I am counting the days until the end of the school year, which also means I am doing inventory, that is, counting all 22k books in my two libraries.

7 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

"...inventory..."

I still cringe today when I hear that word.

Anvilcloud said...

You are one very busy lady. I get tired just reading about it.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Very busy, but a lot of it sounds great.

Unknown said...

I thot you sed BEFORE MY END! Perhaps a Freudian slip.. yet, alas! O poor, poor Yorick! 1-outta-1 bites-the-dust, baby. That's prooo'bly what I thot, y'think??? HintHint Dats da fak, Jak. Follow us and you'll see there's another Way home without going to the whorizontal...

'The more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you'
-the Infant Jesus of Prague
(<- Czech republic, next to Russia)

trustNjesus, dear,
and wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven.
God bless your indelible soul.

essay best said...

Seems like someone have been really busy, always admire hard work and you as an example. Thank you for sharing the blog with us

Unknown said...

I get tired just reading about it.


หนังใหม่

jorjorbeth said...

Follow us and you'll see there's another Way home without going to the whorizontal...
สมัคร D2BET