Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow Day

Well, today is our first official snow day. The forecasters called for 6 inches of snow. We got 12 and it is still coming down! I got new boots for the kids 2 days ago, so just in the nick of time! Ya gotta love the enthusiasm a snow day bring s out of a kid. Even Diana, who is normally staid and reserved, burst into my bedroom to ask in a very hopeful tone if school had bene cancelled and danced out happily when I confirmed it had been.

Isaac immediately asked if his 2 best buddies could come over. As soon as we get dug out, yes we will go fetch them and they will sleep over too. Calypso is hoping to spend the day watching movies. Between keeping the cocoa flowing to warm up frozen kids and trying to clean a bit I am hoping to finish up my final assignment for this semester's class. We have an acre of woods through which we built a killer (literally, if you're not careful) sled run last year. Hopefully we can get that all packed down and ready to roll too. Am I completely deluded? Yeah, probably.

So how do you like to spend a snow day?

I am hoping to post Logo's reward on Monday!

16 comments:

Spinning Girl said...

Teachers love snowdays more than anyone else.

Logophile said...

YAY! for snow days and sledding and cocoa and movie days and self delusion and Logo getting a prize!

Anonymous said...

Sleep in.. That is what I do with a snow day. Don't think I'll be having to many more of those in Vegas though.
YAY for Lucky Lime. I say pour yourself a glass of wine around noon and pamper yourself. You scored a day off!!

Sheri said...

I try to clean house - blech. My daughter begs and begs to go out in the snow and after lunch.... she can for the whole afternoon. She'll sleep great tonight!

CozyMama said...

snow, snow, snow....none here.

Stephanie said...

We have a snow day too!! Three words - New England Snowbelt!!! ARGH!!!

The Village Idiot said...

I like to spend snowdays in Starbucks....NOT!!!! but careening down a hill with nothing between my brains and the snow but a bit of government grade plastic sounds like a blast!

Bsoholic said...

I'm with Calypso - spend the snow day watching movies! Good times.

S said...

No snow here......:(...best we can hope for is trees falling in a storm, thereby blocking the roads so we cant get through! :D

Have a fun snowday!

The Village Idiot said...

I would like to extend this laurel..and Hearty Hand Shake. Anyone who can work in a Princess Bride reference deserves at least a laurel ...

Erik said...

You get snow days? One of the downsides of going to a University with a student population of about 50,000 is that there too much going on to cancel school...ever...

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I was on another blog and saw that you are in the Pocono's...Many many years ago, my folks had a house there which was pretty close to a small town, (at that time) called Newfoundland...about 12 miles from Cresco...in betwenn Stroudsburg and Scranton....I loved it there...we spent summers there and Christmas Vacations there, too....BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL...Are you familiar with Newfoundland, by any chance?

And, now, at this point in my life, I would spend a snowy day in the house by a lovely fire..but of course, I do not have to worry about that here in Los Angeles! (lol)

TLP said...

The wonderful thing about snow is, well, everything!

With hurricanes, things are messed up for a long, long time. But with snow, everything is beautiful, and then everything is normal after it melts.

Breazy said...

I love snow ! I wished we would get more snow every winter but we don't get that much any more . Have a good weekend !

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying "hi"!

I LOVED snow days as a kid (what kid doesn't like snow days??) We used to go outside and play in the snow of course, making snowman, having snowball fights. When we had enough, my sister and I would play with our barbies or stuffed animals and watch TV.

Peter said...

Okay now I'm confused, which is blog #1