I can't believe I have come up with 100 different posts already. So let's have some fun. Instead of 100 things about me, here are 100 things I have done. Kinda lame maybe, but oh well. I tried not to overlap from my 100 things about me post, which I'd link if I could since Snavy and BS were kind enough to try to show me how. But I am either too dumb to make it work or my Mac browser and Blogger just don't like each other.
1. Exited a uterus.
2. Learned to crawl.
3. Learned to walk.
4. Learned to read before starting kindergarten.
5. Learned to swim long after all my peers.
6. Entered school.
7. Drove teachers nuts.
8. Served detention.
9. Graduated high school.
10. Went to college.
11. Convinced people I was a foreign student.
12. Cracked up the real foreign students in the process.
13. Traveled across the USA with 9 people on bicycles and 2 driving a support vehicle.
14. Drove the support vehicle.
15. Cooked, laundered, and set up camp for everyone on the trip.
16. Packed the belongings of 11 people into a Chevette each day and could still see out the rearview window.
17. Rode a bicycle for 70 miles with the group one day.
18. Said very naughty words about all the hills.
19. Swam in the Atlantic.
20. Swam in Lake Ontario in May. (anyone for a Limesicle?)
21. Swam in the Pacific.
22. Swam in the Caribbean.
23. Swam in hot springs in Yellowstone.
24. Swam in various lakes and rivers.
25. Learned to waterski.
26. Got dragged behind a boat in the process because I was too dumb to let go the first time I fell over.
27. Rode a horse.
28. Rode a camel.
29. Rode an elephant.
30. Rode a motorcycle.
31. Rode a car.
32. Rode a lover.
33. Rode a lover in a car.
34. Learned to fence.
35. Dueled a Paraguayan named Gus.
36. Sorta kinda learned to play cricket.
37. Played cricket with a bunch of Indians and Pakistanis.
38. Let a Sikh friend put his turban on me.
39. Took a karate class.
40. Sparred a kid who thought he was a ninja.
41. Went to carnivals.
42. Picked winning numbers for a prize drawing.
43. Picked my nose.
44. Picked lice out of my kids’ hair.
45. Picked fruit.
46. Picked a pickled pepper.
47. Chucked wood.
48. Chopped wood.
49. Whittled wood.
50. Caused wood.
51. Visited 35 states.
52. Watched the dawn light up the South Dakota Badlands.
53. Saw a sunrise on top of a volcano.
54. Drove down US1 in California.
55. Saw nothing but truck grill in my rearview mirror.
56. Said very naughty words about drivers of logging trucks.
57. Drove from CA to NC in three days, in august, on I-40, with no air conditioning.
58. Met my future mother-in-law after said drive but before having a chance to shower. (Hhmm…..maybe part of why she doesn’t much like me?)
59. Watched nervously as a bison walked through my campsite, knowing I only had a nylon tent to sleep in.
60. Touched a live black bear in the wild. (OK, he was tranquilized, but still pretty friggin cool when you are 13)
61. Got married the day after finals in my junior year of college.
62. Graduated pregnant, but on time and with honors.
63. Spent 5 weeks on bedrest while pregnant.
64. Gave birth 3 times.
65. Marveled over perfect, healthy babies.
66. Cried over my children’s sorrows.
67. Delighted in their growth and accomplishments.
68. Laughed over their antics.
69. Prayed over them constantly.
70. Taught a 6th grade special education class.
71. Volunteered with the Special Olympics.
72. Taught in a maximum secure facility for juvenile delinquents.
73. Taught sex ed to the delinquents.
74. Decided they were easier than 6th graders.
75. Met a Pearl Harbor survivor when I was in Hawaii.
76. Cried at the sadness he still carried over his mother waiting 3 months to find out if he had survived.
77. Met the US ambassador to Trinidad & Tobago.
78. Told her off.
79. Met the first lady of Trinidad & Tobago.
80. Respectfully disagreed with her husband’s policies regarding the squatters we worked with.
81. Laughed in church.
82. Laughed at a funeral.
83. Laughed during my own wedding.
84. Laughed until things came out my nose.
86. Made a sailor blush.
87. Cried at sad movies.
88. Cried at the beauty of simple things.
89. Cried when my heart was broken.
90. Put on a happy face when I was anything but happy.
91. Acted on stage.
92. Acted in a radio drama.
93. Acted like I knew what I was doing, when I clearly didn’t.
94. Acted up.
95. Made silly faces.
96. Made an afghan.
97. Made pottery.
98. Made dinner.
99. Made water.
100. Made this silly list and hoped you got a chuckle out of it.