- My first night home from the hospital I sat at the dinner table desperately trying to follow the thread of conversation. Alas, it was a fruitless endeavor for my addled brain. Diana looked at me and announced, 'Mom, you are soooooo stoned!' I slurred back, 'Yep, ain't a pretty picture is it.' Then they all had fun mimicking my glazed look. Good clean family fun.
- Mr. Lime called me stubborn for insisting I could button my own jeans ( I did it anyway). Later, when I was struggling to put on my own bra (try it one handed ladies, it's a challenge, but I did it anyway) he asked me if it was my silent request for help or if I really wanted to do it myself because he wasn't sure. He's been taking really good care of me.
- My dad came up yesterday since Mr.Lime and the kids were gone most of the day. We both agreed it was good to have a semi-cool story to go with the mangled arm rather than something lame like tripping over something. He called me stubborn too but said it as a compliment. I'll take that.
- My mom was here the first two days after I came home. That's a good thing, she's innovative and helped me figure some things out and enforced naptimes while lingering anasthesia wore off and the painkiller dose was double. See, I have this stubborn streak...but she can be even more stubborn.
- At dinner I was trying to butter a piece of bread one handed. Isaac gently asked if I'd like help. I said, 'yes thank you.' and we giggled because not long ago I had to butter his bread.
- When I announced my major accomplishment for the day was getting a back hooking bra on all by myself, Calypso thought that was pretty cool. She had to go try. She said it was hard. She also said I ought to keep a list of all my firsts so I can look back over them and see my progress if I have a day when I feel down. Smart kid. I think I'll take her advice.
Well, I promise not to bore everyone with constant posts about my arm/hand but that's where I'm at today. Tomorrow I have my follow up with the surgeon and I hope I can get an idea of how long I'll be casted at least.
Happy Monday all.