Janita and I won't be around tomorrow since it's the big day she has all the implanted metal removed. I wasn't sure I'd bother with HNT this week or not and I knew I wouldn't be posting tomorrow. I've done a lot of whining lately about how much I don't like surgery. I whined about Mr. Lime. I've been rather grumpy and impatient this week. But I thought I should at least get the count in.
Janita has done really well up until now. There are some things she still struggles with and she lets me know when she is unhappy with things I make her do. So now hopefully we can make her feel better and more able to cooperate. So for HNT here she is letting you all know she's OK for now but will be even more OK soon.
For an early edition of Da Count I need to focus on all the really good things rather than the crap I worry about. So I am counting hands.
1. The amazingly skilled hands of my surgeon who put me back together so skillfully that my therapists knew from looking at my scars that I had the best doctor out there.
2. The gentle yet firm hands of my two therapists who have known when it's best to push Janita and when it's best to let her rest.
3. The tender hands of my kids, Mr. Lime, my mom and dad, who took really good care of me in the moments right after I fell and in the early days when I had trouble doing even simple things.
4. The generous hands of the folks who brought meals, did some cleaning, and drove me around when I came home from the hospital.
5. The hands of bloggy friends and real life friends who used their hands to type comments of encouragment, write out get well cards, or dial a phone to check on me.
Happy HNT and thanks again.