It seems I have been tagged by that 8 random things about yourself meme...thanks, James! This is becoming increasingly difficult since I have done a variation on it several times. Here is a link that contains all of them. Cooper also got me with a different tag to follow.
Ok, 8 random facts...I'm thinking...
1. My physical therapists and massage therapists all have remarked on how very flexible I am, which surprises me. I am considerably less flexible than I once was...I used to be able to put both my feet behind my head at the same time. If I tried to do that now I'm quite sure I'd not only fail but also be paying for it for a month or more.
2. When I was a teenager I remarked in front of my WW2 Navy vet grandfather that I wanted to get a tattoo. He was a very quiet and calm man but I watched his blood boil before he declared tattoos a thing only for drunken sailors NOT young ladies and then removed his shirt to demonstrate his own clear skin. Now that everyone and their sister has a tattoo there is no appeal to me whatsoever. I'll be a rebel by refusing to get one. I was especially vocal in my refusal to get 'Mr Lime's property' inked onto my behind when he made the suggestion. I may have also suggested an 'interesting' placement for a corresponding tattoo on him to emphasize my point. Mwahahaha!
3. My dad offered me the chance to travel to Rwanda with him a couple years after the genocide. I declined on the grounds that I was not so interested in going some place where they tend to hack you to bits if you are the wrong ethnic group. After hearing about his trip though I wish I had gone.
4. I have salt and pepper shakers a friend, who was a Peace Corps volunteer in Botswana, brought me from Malawi.
5. I have no intention of ever moving to Nebraska and here is another reason why. One of these days I will start a formal list of reasons not to move to Nebraska. I have nothing against the good people of Nebraska. I just don't want to live there.
6. Before my wisdom teeth came in I had a big gap in my front teeth. It was good for shooting streams of water and making brid calls during 8th grade algebra so as to distract the dingbat teacher into looking outside the window to find the pretty birdies.
7. Speaking of distractions, in 12th grade public speaking class I had to give a demonstration type speech. I demonstrated how to make a mess. I prepared by filling a trash bag with all the junk on my bedrooom floor. I began by draping a bra over the podium. I continued by tossing stuff from the bag all around the room while I was speaking.
8. I was born on October 12.
Ok, so Cooper is a fairly new blogger who just got tagged for the first time. He was so proud and excited AND he decided to tag me. Ok, how can ya quench that sort of enthusiasm? So according to him I am supposed to play the Wikipedia Game....To play, look up your birthday at the Wikipedia site and write down five events that happened that day in history, two births (besides your own) and one holiday. Then tag five more people....
HISTORICAL EVENTS1582 - Due to the implementation of the Gregorian calendar this day does not exist in this year in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain. Well, I never! The nerve! See if i ever sing a Gregorian chant again!
1609 - "Three Blind Mice" published by London teenage songwriter Thomas Ravenscroft. I don't want to know what this kid did in his spare time if he wrote songs about visually impaired rodents being tormented my vicsious farmwomen.
1681 - A London woman is publicly flogged for the crime of "involving herself in politics." I can think of a few politicians who out to be flogged for all sorts of offenses.
1773 - America's first insane asylum opens for 'Persons of Insane and Disordered Minds' in Virginia. Alright, you all keep quiet now! Hush!
1968 - Equatorial Guinea becomes independent from Spain.
1904 - Ding Ling, Chinese writer (d. 1986) I just really liked his name.
1968 - Hugh Jackman, Australian actor and singer. I just think he is really quite delectable.
Malawi - Mother's Day. I think my salt and pepper shakers should somehow figure into next year's celebration.
Anyone born in October
Anyone born on the 12 of their birthmonth
Anyone born in the 1960s
Anyone born on a Tuesday
Anyone born to a redheaded mother