I'm still in a crap mood. Sorry. The two day migraine this week didn't help. I could go on but I won't. I tormented you all with my foul mood yesterday and to your credit you responded kindly. Thank you. This week I need to do Da Count as a matter of discipline, not to muster up holiday cheer that doesn't exist but just so I can get out of this funk and not drag everyone else into the vortex with me. So it's just going to be a list of stuff I can be grateful for.
1. All of you. That the comments left yesterday were kind and encouraging.
2. Flannel sheets and thick blankets to keep me warm.
3. Enough migraine meds to keep me from self-harm.
4. My kids are healthy.
5. I had enough money to get winter coats for 2 kids who had outgrown theirs.
6. Last weekend Mr. Lime and 2 limelets did some of the decorating.
7. A box of chocolates.
8. Finding a cheaper way to meet my continuing ed. requirements to maintain my teaching certificate (Got notification I need to get 60 hours in my June and thought it would run me about $600. I think I might be able to do it for half that now.)
9. I have a job. (I hate it. It increases my stress exponentially. I have fundamental disagreement with certain underlying principles related to it...but I have a job when so many don't.)
10. The patients who come into the practice. I like most of them, even the two totally grouchy guys who come in scowling (the parents who come in with screaming kids and let them grab fistfuls of lollipops while they demolish the waiting room, not so much). It's become a game to get the grouchy guys to crack a smile.
11. As one friend noted...I haven't killed anyone. This is always a good thing.
12. Another friend who made this grouchy girl laugh in spite of her attempts to wallow in misery. Being willing to stick around and bring out a better side of me when I am behaving in such an unlovable fashion...well, that's really something I don't take for granted.
13. That I have friends.
14. Clean, warm socks.
15. A hot shower.
16. A recent unexpected conversation with my mom.
17. A bowl of grape nuts, blueberries, and milk with a lil dab of raw honey all heated up in the microwave so it's warm in belly.
On that note it's time for some warm grape nuts.
Thank you all for bearing with me lately. Allow me to share a video that made me smile too. Thanks, Dragonfly!