Monday, February 22, 2010

Winter Silliness

Sunday I finally turned the corner and started feeling like a human being again. I have to say that is the worst cold I've had in a very long time, bad enough that folks at Chez Lime seemed to think I was milking it for all it was worth. I very definitely was not. I would much have preferred to spend my days off in some enjoyable activity which didn't require a case of Kleenex and heavy doses of Sudafed and Tylenol. Sleeping all night through would have been a plus as well. In any event, my recovery seems to be coinciding with the assault of the plague trampling over Mr. Lime and Isaac, who are now finding themselves feeling less than healthy.

Given that I'm trying to disinfect the house and I have to go back to work today and I have one person staying home sick today. He's snoring on the couch as I type and ESPN isn't even on so you KNOW the boy is sick. One of my evidences of illness is that I sat catatonic on the couch while ESPN was on and I didn't even protest. Anyone who knows me would take that as incontrovertible evidence of serious illness on my part. But I digress...I'm just posting some silly quiz results today.

First, I ask the probing question, "What kind of winter hat am I?"





You Are a Hat With Flaps



You are fun loving, cheerful, and even pretty cute most of the time. (Well thanks! You're kinda cute too!)

You use fashion to play. You never take style all that seriously. (My preferred attire is tie dye and Birkenstocks. I sure didn't need a quiz to tell me this.)



You're the type most likely to wear a funny t-shirt or goofy hat. (Sometimes even at the same time!)

But when it comes time to clean up, you clean up nicely. (Right, I put on my formal tie dyes.)






That shouldn't have been surprising at all since Jocelyn declared me positively Duluthian after seeing me in my own ear flap hat.

In the spirit of the Olympics let's see what winter sport I should be.





You Are Curling



What you lack in athleticism, you make up for in concentration. (I can push a broom like nobody's business!)

And while curling isn't much more of a sport than bowling, you *can* win a gold medal for it! (I wonder if beginner curlers get bumpers on the ice like beginning bowlers get them in the gutters...)


Blogthings: Quizzes and Tests and Memes, Oh My!


I can't argue with these results at all. I just want to know if it's ok to wear my ear flap hat when I go curling.

17 comments:

Craig said...

Well, glad you're feeling better. I came down with something over the weekend, so I'm staying home today. Which might have almost as much to do with the six inches of new-fallen snow on the ground as it does with any illness. . .

Cricket said...

Wow. A fascinating quiz. I was torn on a couple of answers so I tried the variations... the three variations gave me back the three hats I actually own! Weird.

Apparently, I'm either a ski cap, a newsboy, or a beret. I don't own a winter newsboy, but I do wear one. Technically I don't own a beret either, but a scally, but I usually wear it back-to-front and it is often mistaken for one. Anyone in New England who doesn't own a ski cap is just a fool. Strange.

Suldog said...

Fascinating. My post today (a re-run, which I know you've already seen) is about curling.

(Well, OK, maybe 'fascinating' isn't quite what I was looking for. 'Mildly amusing' is more like it.)

(Much like this comment.)

furiousBall said...

i am an asshat with flaps

S said...

i am glad you are feeling better, but, man, that curling sport is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

I think it would have made a hilarious HNT back in the day...using a broom for the sweeping part, and an iron for the dealy that they slide across the ice, and of course, some tissues, blankets and pillows will be needed for the bored to tears audience...

S said...

...and if it was still back in the day when we wasted so much time, I would be spending the morning making my own curling post...even now I can barely resist since the iron AND broom are right here at hand.

Gledwood said...

Glad you're finally feeling better.

There's nothing like a good hat with flaps ~ I used to have a Tibetan number, in true 1991-style "ethnic clothing", which I used to wear to trance parties with pink round glasses that everyone seemed to consider funky beyond belief (I know because half the club wanted to try them on) ~~ what finally happened to it I've absolutely no idea, but I loved it. Well all good things must come to an end, I s'pose...

Bijoux said...

I refuse to wear any sort of hat EVER. I've always been a bit picky about my hair! Therefore, I'm afraid to take the hat quiz.

Craver Vii said...

Have you seen these Mohawk ear flap hats? They're pretty wild; I kinda like them.

Cooper said...

not a surprise at all...at least the hat...

secret agent woman said...

ski cap and bobsledder. But I specifically checked that I don't like speed or injuries so I am not sure what they are talking about.

DianeCA said...

I am glad to see you are feeling a bit better again. This winter has been tough with colds I think, at least it has been here...and I did get the Swine flu (no I didn't get pink ears and a wiggly nose). At least I could laugh at everybody else fussing over getting the vacine, I had it and was done with it in September long before it peaked here. I happen to have a hat with flaps, and love it when its minus 20...and we watch curling so you are fine, just fine!

Anonymous said...

I love curling! If the Olympic coverage included curling, I would be watching it more. Glad you feel better.mary

Craig said...

I 'am' hockey ("BE the puck" eh?) -

"Tough, athletic, and not afraid of a fight.
You don't mind putting your body on the line!"


Funny; I don't recall anything in any of the questions about fighting. . .

Saz said...

love the curling...good to visit...
l can breathe now...

saz x

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better, sounds as if you had more than just a cold.

Hats? I love 'em...used to have the face for 'em. Now I wear anything that stops my body heat exiting through the top of my head

Jocelyn said...

You were an adorable Duluthian in that hat, I tell you. Adorable.

Even on cold/flu drugs, hacking up a lung and pouring snot into tissue,

if you wear that hat, you're adorable.