Since there were a few of you who ventured to give guesses for the 8 words I posted at the end of the meme yesterday I will include the actual meanings today. Then as a lazy blogger's excuse for a post I'll give you links to 3 dialect-related posts from between 3 and 4 years ago.
1. Hinnerdale: Pennsylvania German for your hind end. Boy, you better straighten up and fly right or I'm gonna paddle your hinnerdale!
2. Dingolay: Trini slang meaning to dance with abandon. Yuh was at de fete (party) las' night? Yes, an' I get on bad when I dingolay!
3. Stroobly: Pennsylvania German for unkempt or messy hair. I never saw such stroobly hair, now comb it before you leave this house!
4. Yampee: Trini slang for the gunk in the corners of your eye in the morning. So late in the day an' yuh jus' wake? Don't lie I see the yampee in yuh eye.
5. Ferhoodled: Pennsylvania German for being completely mixed up or confused.Was it the second right after the old barn or the first right after the second barn? Ach, I'm so ferhoodled!
6. Mamaguy: Trini slang for flattery designed to manipulate. Flora, yuh lookin' so good tonight. Oh, don't mamaguy me! I just finish rolling roti dough and I'm covered in flour.
7. Grex: Pennsylvania German for complaining, fussing or whining. Especially applicable to fussy babies or children but applicable to adults who are out of sorts as well. Why you grexing so? Things aren't so bad.
8. Pull bull: Trini slang for when people use their private car as an unlicensed taxi in order to make some money. Winston, yuh best go pull bull if we would pay the light bill this month.
For a bit more Dutchified Inlish check here.
For a few Trini phrases check here.
For a whole story in Trini slang check here.