I don't have a lot of time for thoughtful, creative posts full of artistic merit, inspirational thought, or rib tickling hilarity the past few days, weeks...whatever. Today I'm just going to balance out things a bit and go over some recent things that do the opposite of grinding my gears. A kind of count, I suppose.
- Having a coworker I can call for a ride when my car craps out.
- Having a friend who is getting rid of a car and who thinks of offering it to me first since she knows Mr. Lime and I drive vehicles that are held together with coat hangers, bubble gum, and prayer.
- Having another friend who helps get Calypso to and from school on the days I work 10 hours since my kid is only attending school half days.
- The same friend who graciously functions as a
taxi driverhas a garage full of tools and a head full of mechanical knowledge and lets us use both to keep our coat-hangered, bubble-gummed, prayed over vehicles running.
- Panera Bread's Mozzarella and Tomato Paninis and Garden Vegetable with Pesto Soup....for when I work 10 hours after putting a crock pot of chili on at 6am and every last bite has been eaten by the time I get home.
- At least seeing the kitchen has been cleaned up well even if they didn't leave anything for me to eat.
- The Panera girl who gives me a bonus card.
- My gigantic rice filled heating pad I can sling over my shoulders.
- My bargain basement memory foam mattress topper I found a couple weeks ago for $30 on clearance...and with that I bid you all goodnight.