Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'm So Excited!

My family is evil.  Mr. Lime is a teacher.  He and the kids are rubbing it in that they have all week to lay around hibernating and that I have to go into work.  Evil I say.  It's taking some degree of effort not to exact retribution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just saw a headline and article synopsis on Yahoo! which stated if I am not excited to spend 40 hours a week with my co-workers it may be time to find a new job.  Now wait just a damn minute.  I like my coworkers, every single one of them.  They are fine people.  We are a good team.  I feel like we do worthy work in helping folks overcome pain and regain health.  This week I really don't want to spend with them though and even on a normal day I don't bounce out of bed singing about the delightful opportunity to spend an entire workday at my place of business.  Excited is a very strong word.  I'm grateful for my job.  I like my bosses and coworkers.  Excited?  I dunno about that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of my place of business, Diana found out yesterday I don't tolerate her attempting to pick an argument with me at the front desk.  Very unwise....and quite the potential for some exciting action.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of excited, my mother-in-law thinks it would be exciting for me to spend the 5 vacation days I earn in February driving to and from Georgia to visit her.  Really, I am beginning to think people don't understand the definition of "exciting."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now THAT'S exciting.

9 comments:

clean and crazy said...

mother in laws are like that. they think the world revolves around them and they should be intolerant to anyone who has created a family with their children

i think it comes with the job description of meing a mother in law

Bubba said...

Yes, I can't believe many people are literally 'excited' to go to work each day. (I'm certain all the state lottery ticket sales figures will bear me out here)

Imagine what would happen if only the excited people stayed at their jobs...

NOTHING! Because nobody would be doing their JOB anymore!

Craig said...

It's like I say to my kids; no matter how much you love your job, at bottom, sooner or later, it's just your job. . .

At my old job, we used to get the whole week off between Christmas and New Year's. Then, as a cost-cutting measure, they cut our paid holidays, and made us come in to work three days in between. Which, for most folks, just meant that they saved up three days of vacation. But a couple times, I went in for a day or two; good opportunity to catch up on my reading. . .

Hilary said...

Your link would indicate that you're the only one with any concept of excitement. These folks could learn a lot from you. ;)

Bijoux said...

By definition, 'vacation' means not seeing in-laws.

And I'm cracking up at Craig's comment about catching up on his reading!

Anonymous said...

Hell, I've been working for pretty much 30 years. If I had to be excited about spending 40 hours a week with co-workers, I'd have spent 30 odd years job searching. Gimme a break...

Let's put it this way: I don't necessarily do what I'd like, but I like what I do.

I think that's about as much as one can ask for, unless you're a very very lucky person indeed.

Commander Zaius said...

...if I am not excited to spend 40 hours a week with my co-workers it may be time to find a new job.

Sounds like something written by an over educated type that is paid 100G a year to sit at home and irritate others who actually have to produce or show results on teh job.

G-Man said...

I think it would be "Exciting" if you sent ME some of that Funny Cake that you refer to in the next post!!

Kat said...

I don't really know anyone who is excited to spend 40 hours a week at work, no matter who their coworkers are. That's just weird.

Hope your new year is EXCITING!!!