I’ve been nominated by my compadre in meme madness, Coopernicus, with the “Versatile Blogger Award” (pictured above)
He says it's a way to introduce underexposed bloggers to new readers. The caveat is exposing ourselves. No I'm not going to show you my boobies but given how many times I've done a variation of telling various numbers of things about myself I may need to ask each of you for a blood test.
1) publicly thank the award giver and link to them in your post.
2) Tell your readers 7 things about yourself that you might not have already (this could be dangerous)
3) present this award to other bloggers whose work you enjoy and
4) contact the honorees
Ok, on with the exposure...
7 Things About Me You May Not Want To Know
1. My bubblegum never got stale on the bedpost overnight, but it did get stale in my underwear drawer.
2. I have a bag of Mongolian sheep ankle bones in my bedroom.
3. All my socks are left-footed.
4. I've had my entire body covered in transparent tattoos.
5. I think a sheep in Mongolia is trying to steal one of my ankles.
6. I'm thinking of having my left and right butt cheeks reversed.
7. I'm working on learning how to lick my own elbows....go ahead, try it. Not that easy is it?
And now for some folks I am passing this to a mere three people because I am feeling phenomenally lazy right now but it's no reflection on what I think of the rest of you wonderful people...
1. Suldog, because he can blog about anything from softball to feral cats to wonderful nostalgia....and because he universally (and hilariously) abuses anyone who gives him an award.
2. Jocelyn and Byron: They have spent nearly a year living in Turkey while she is on sabbatical. Her writing is exquisite and his artwork is fantastic. They each offer a slightly different but totally complementary perspectives on their family's experience.
And now for something
The Queen’s MemeAs her royalness is recooperating from her unsuccessful impersonation of Mario Andretti,Coopernicus has offered up his own version of the weekly meme.
The Summer MemeIt’s the first day of summer…break out the swim fins, bar-b-ques and solarcaine as thoughts turn to vacations, pool parties, summer fun and lightning bugs. So kick back in your chaise lounge chair floating in the pool, refreshing beverage at your side and have at this collection of summer brain scratchers…
1) What was your most memorable Christmas present (giving or receiving)?
A roll of Monty Python toilet paper and a frilly thong with a dollar bill taped inside. I'll let you sort out which was given and which was received.
2) What terrifies you more than anything else?
Amy Winehouse's beehive
3) The zombies are on the march. You hunker down in your panic room, possibly for the duration. You are allowed one book. What is it and why?
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse
4) Who would win in a caged boxing match between Santa and The Easter Bunny?
The elves who'd get an evening off from toy-making to enjoy the big event.
5) The clock strikes midnight. The confetti is falling and guy lombardo (or possibly lady gaga) is playing auld lang syne. You have 30 seconds to kiss anybody, past or present, fact or fiction. Who is it? (For those of you with significant others, the assumption is that the clock begins after a torrid lip lock with your partner)
Do you really have to ask? How long have you been reading this blog?
6) You either have to wash the outside windows of the 86th floor of the empire state building or give a speech in the nude to hundreds of people representing a cross-section of US motorcycle clubs. Which do you choose and why?
Naked public speaking definitely. You didn't say I couldn't have a podium large enough to cover me. Besides, bikers are more forgiving than gravity.
7) Batman or Superman. Choose one to clean your oven and explain your choice.
Superman, he's got that heat vision thing going on so he can clean the oven OR cook me something nice to eat.