Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Awards, and Answers, and Memes, Oh My!




I’ve been nominated by my compadre in meme madness, Coopernicus, with the “Versatile Blogger Award” (pictured above)

He says it's a way to introduce underexposed bloggers to new readers.  The caveat is exposing ourselves.  No I'm not going to show you my boobies but given how many times I've done a variation of telling various numbers of things about myself I may need to ask each of you for a blood test.

The rules:
1) publicly thank the award giver and link to them in your post.
2) Tell your readers 7 things about yourself that you might not have already (this could be dangerous)
3) present this award to other bloggers whose work you enjoy and
4) contact the honorees

Ok, on with the exposure...

7 Things About Me You May Not Want To Know
1. My bubblegum never got stale on the bedpost overnight, but it did get stale in my underwear drawer.
2. I have a bag of Mongolian sheep ankle bones in my bedroom.
3. All my socks are left-footed.
4. I've had my entire body covered in transparent tattoos.
5. I think a sheep in Mongolia is trying to steal one of my ankles.
6. I'm thinking of having my left and right butt cheeks reversed.
7. I'm working on learning how to lick my own elbows....go ahead, try it.  Not that easy is it?

And now for some folks I am passing this to a mere three people because I am feeling phenomenally lazy right now but it's no reflection on what I think of the rest of you wonderful people...

1. Suldog, because he can blog about anything from softball to feral cats to wonderful nostalgia....and because he universally (and hilariously) abuses anyone who gives him an award.
2. Jocelyn and Byron: They have spent nearly a year living in Turkey while she is on sabbatical.  Her writing is exquisite and his artwork is fantastic.  They each offer a slightly different but totally complementary perspectives on their family's experience.

And now for something completely slightly different....


The Queen’s Meme
Summer Substitute
As her royalness is recooperating from her unsuccessful impersonation of Mario Andretti,Coopernicus has offered up his own version of the weekly meme.

The Summer Meme
It’s the first day of summer…break out the swim fins, bar-b-ques and solarcaine as thoughts turn to vacations, pool parties, summer fun and lightning bugs.  So kick back in your chaise lounge chair floating in the pool, refreshing beverage at your side and have at this collection of summer brain scratchers…




1) What was your most memorable Christmas present (giving or receiving)?
 A roll of Monty Python toilet paper and a frilly thong with a dollar bill taped inside.  I'll let you sort out which was given and which was received.

2) What terrifies you more than anything else?
 Amy Winehouse's beehive

3) The zombies are on the march. You hunker down in your panic room, possibly for the duration.  You are allowed one book.  What is it and why?
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse
 
4) Who would win in a caged boxing match between Santa and The Easter Bunny?
 The elves who'd get an evening off from toy-making to enjoy the big event.

5) The clock strikes midnight.  The confetti is falling and guy lombardo (or possibly lady gaga) is playing auld lang syne.  You have 30 seconds to kiss anybody, past or present, fact or fiction.  Who is it?  (For those of you with significant others, the assumption is that the clock begins after a torrid lip lock with your partner)
Do you really have to ask?  How long have you been reading this blog?

6) You either have to wash the outside windows of the 86th floor of the empire state building or give a speech in the nude to hundreds of people representing a cross-section of US motorcycle clubs.  Which do you choose and why?
Naked public speaking definitely.  You didn't say I couldn't have a podium large enough to cover me. Besides, bikers are more forgiving than gravity.

7) Batman or Superman.  Choose one to clean your oven and explain your choice.
Superman, he's got that heat vision thing going on so he can clean the oven OR cook me something nice to eat.

11 comments:

Dave said...

After Dr. Seuss: this blog has to be a close second for nonsense writing Michelle :-) Having just written that, you might like this quote from Dr Seuss:"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dave

Jocelyn said...

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooo on you, girl. If anyone does hop over and read my blog for the first time, they'll be greeted by my railings at Turkish men. And, that's, um, you know, appealing.

Bubba said...

Gotta love a skiffle-related reference!

Ah yes, blog awards - the blogging world's equivalent of a chain-letter.

Suldog said...

See above. But, since you insist, you will be reamed over at my place in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Ninja tattoos!!! That's awesome...

Pheromone Girl said...

Congrats! I often forward Blog awards to those who will skewer me the most mightily- it makes for a more interesting day.

Craver Vii said...

#6: I'd have washed them windows wearing nothing but a smile.

silly rabbit said...

Now I'm afraid of Mongolian sheep!

Ha! I'm also curious why you have some of their ankle bones!

Will switching butt cheeks help? I need this information.

Commander Zaius said...

Batman or Superman. Choose one to clean your oven and explain your choice. "Superman, he's got that heat vision thing going on so he can clean the oven OR cook me something nice to eat."

So you would hire an illegal alien? Shame on you.

lime said...

dave, i'm honored. he's one of my favorites!

jocelyn, lol, well, i am hoping the scroll a bit

eric, well said!

suldog, i can hardly wait for the reaming...wait....that sounds very bad, lol

coop, now ya see em now ya don't

phermone girl, so you're as sick as i am!

craver, that is quite the mental image! LOL

silly rabbit, friends who went to mongolia brought them for me. apparently over there they play with them like dice. i'll get back to ya on the butt cheek thing

beach bum, yeah, i'm a rebel like that!

Suldog said...

It is done.

(Which is what Jesus said at the end, but it had nothing to do with what I'm talking about, that's for sure.)