Sitting on the beach on a holiday weekend provides a variety of opportunities for people watching. Life around the beach house allowed for some note-worthy observations too.
Under the "Things that Make You Go Hhmm'" file I noticed:
- Those treacherous steps seemed easier to navigate when I had 4 mimosas and 2 bellinis in me. Strange but true.
- There is something incongruous about a heavily-tattooed, beer-swilling guy lolling in a pink inner tube.
- Even if I have no land line and only spotty, intermittent cell service my family will find a way to let me know all the various levels of drama that continues in my absence. (Dead car, dead aunt of husband you haven't seen in 7 years, lightning strike, dead router & cable modem). However, they will be entirely unable to communicate regarding MAJOR financial outlays. Simply fascinating.
- If you are a woman who weighs over 400 lbs, who has a bosom requiring a bra that could double as a baby sling for twin toddlers, who requires a scooter to get to the beach, and you are wearing a strapless suit I'd have to say attempting a dive into the water may be ill-advised at best.
- People who have been the victims of bigotry are still VERY capable of displaying shocking examples of similar behavior.
- Young women, if you think someday you may want to bear a child you may want to reconsider the large tattoo encircling your navel. I've seen what happens in bright technicolor and highlighted by a bikini.
- I can't imagine ever wanting to appear in public in high heels and a see-thru pink latex catsuit but I think it would be a hoot to go out with my uncle when he's in that outfit.