Now I have already told Mr. Lime I am regarding the trip to Seattle as my birthday present this year. Is that a sigh of relief I hear from him? Why yes, I believe it may be. However, I want to begin planning for a future birthday because I think Hugh and I ought to be able to share one together. This year I begin the campaign for just that. Of course, with all deference to our respective spouses, I will include them in the celebrations.
Aside from the obvious talent and drool factor Mr. Jackman possesses I have several other reasons I am a fan of his as well as some similarities we share. It is these aspects I use as the basis of my argument that we should meet and celebrate a birthday together. Allow me to list them and see if you don't agree. Coincidence or fate...
|Good lighting helps...not that he needs it.|
2. He is an award winning actor. (2004 Tony for Best Actor, among many others). I am an award winning actress. You think I am making this up? HA! Go read this post about my Golden Phallus Award from 1985, you doubters!
|Good fathering is very attractive.|
|I just know he's thinking of where the best ziplining venue might be.|
4. We have both had unfortunate zipline incidents. Mine was in the backyard and resulted in the impressive mangling of my left arm requiring two surgeries and 6 1/2 months of occupational therapy to regain use of said arm but I have some TOTALLY awesome scars I am sure would impress. I wear them with pride. His incident was during the taping of an interview with Oprah. His stop was rather abrupt when his face met the set. Hey, the guy needed stitches and everything. It probably stung! For this reason I think which ever birthday we celebrate together should involve ziplining. We will both be properly harnessed and wear helmets but we WILL dominate the ziplines, thus proving to the world that we are fearless conquerors...or else completely foolhardy. Take your pick.
5. We were each raised by single parents.
this post. Heck, I even own an Australian flag, which I may or may not be allowed to fly on my own land.
7. My birthfather is Greek. One of his great grandfathers is Greek. I say our celebration also involves tossing some wine glasses around.
9. He's a proponent of microcredit and Mohammad Yunus as well as working with other organizations dedicated to helping the poor. I worked with squatters for the year I lived in Trinidad. I'd still be there or someplace else doing something similar were it not for certain circumstances beyond my control. I'm still involved in other ways.
11. He can do that funky arching of one eyebrow trick and so can I.
12. He's not in the least bit embarrassed to dress/act like a complete nut to have some fun. And if six years worth of ridiculousness chronicled in this blog isn't evidence enough of my own self-effacing lunacy here is just one reminder.