Monday, February 27, 2012

The Queen's Meme #110 ~ The Oh Baby! Meme

Welcome to The Queen's Meme
7 Royal Questions on Tuesday

It's the Oh Baby Meme!
Answer these questions about babies. Don't whine. I'm all out of pacifiers.


1. When your kids were babies, did you ever use cloth diapers?
Typical Lime-style meme snark: Use them for what?
Truth: Yes, in fact, I boiled water on the stove to be able to have enough hot water to wash Calypso's when we lived in Trinidad...no water heater.


2. Are you guilty of spoiling your children or grandchildren?
I find if I keep them in the fridge they remain fresh much longer.


3. If you could give one piece of advice to your own children about how to raise their children, what would you say?
Plant then 6 inches deep, 8 inches apart, water when dry, and fertilize seasonally.  Pinch off dead heads.


4. Do you believe in spanking?
If I say yes, does it mean I get to give this a spank?




5. Babies need pacifiers! They cry and carry on sometimes. Can you think of one adult person in your life who could also use a pacifier?
Every politician


6. Have you ever been present for the birth of a child other than your own pregnancy and delivery?
I believe I was present when I myself was born.


7. Why are boy things blue and girl things pink?
I'm not sure but maybe circulation was cut off in the boy things.

8 comments:

Craig said...

Great answer to #6. . .

As re #3, I'm a firm believer in the Mother's Curse - "I hope your kids are just like you!"

Mimi Lenox said...

"when I myself was born"...bwawahaaaahha

Anonymous said...

hugh just doesn't know what he's missing...

Commander Zaius said...

I believe I was present when I myself was born.

That answer was profoundly mystical and very wise.

Hilary said...

I almost never read blogging memes. But I almost never miss yours. Thanks for the morning laughs.

Craig said...

And, uh. . .

". . . maybe the circulation was cut off in the boy things."

Ouch. . .

Principled Slut said...

#5!!!! SO TRUE!

Rob said...

Re: #4

Good lord, I didn't realize that old photo of me had made its way to the internet! Well, this is awkward...