We are safe. We sustained no property damage or injury. We have been without power since about 6:30pm Monday and the power company does not estimate restoring us until this coming Monday. Since we have a well for water it also means no running water.
Things to be thankful for...
1. A borrowed generator so the fridge keeps cold and we don't have to rely only on candles for light
2. Friends allowing us to bathe and fill water jugs
3. A fireplace for keeping warm
4. No damage to the house and especially... NO WATER IN THE HOUSE. We are very grateful our area only saw wind related power outages and not flooding because we often have to wet-vac when there is heavy rain. Just so glad we didn't have to use towels and buckets to try to keep the house dry.
5. A warm yoga studio. Yeah, that's been really nice for beating the cold and for restoring a sense of calm amidst the trials.
6. Lots of people checking in to make sure we are ok.
I'll be back once power is fully restored but for today I am visiting a friend and enjoying her warm house while she feeds me and lets me check email. Much to be grateful for when so many have suffered so much as a result of this storm. We are blessed.