Sunday, February 10, 2013

Early Monday Morning

Just as sun begins to come up countless mud-covered revelers in Trinidad will be celebrating J'ouvert, the opening of Carnival.  J'ouvert is for everyone because mud is free, whereas the fancy costumes required by the bands can be quite costly.  Music and bodies will pulse wildly.






On the other hand, I will be dragging my tired self out of bed and hoping I can get my pulse pumping enough to wake up for the commute to work.  Since I can't be in Trinidad enjoying the party I will have to make do with my CD of Carnival tunes playing during my drive.  Here's a bit of a song to celebrate my heart's homeland.


5 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

It's so sad...I had to look on Google to find out where Trinidad is...I had NO IDEA. Blogs are so educational!

Commander Zaius said...

...I will be dragging my tired self out of bed and hoping I can get my pulse pumping enough to wake up for the commute to work.

There was a time in my twenties when I thought being an adult was cool. I'd like to visit that person and smack him upside the head.

Sailor said...

Excellent timing with this one- lovin' the sound; but as you say, time to drag off to work, ugh.

Daryl said...

i think if everyone listened to this first thing the world would be a lot happier place ..

stephen Hayes said...

Wouldn't it be fun to begin the week in a tropical paradise celebrating a carnival?