Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Frustrated

Three different doctors have said three different things about my thyroid situation.  One I have completely lost faith in.  The other two are brand new to me.  The only thing that is agreed upon is the need for a biopsy, which gives me at least until those results are in before I have to make up my mind about which opinion I am going with.

Oh, and I've finally met both my librarians.  One is lovely.  The other does not deserve the title in any way, shape, or form.  I find working with that one completely infuriating.  Today was spent in the company of incompetence.

Tonight I am just eating whoopie pies sent to me by someone who loves me and wanted to encourage me.  They came at a time when they were most appreciated.  I am very grateful for kind friends and homemade confections.

13 comments:

Hilary said...

You haven't had enough stress in your life over the past few years so you had to throw a thyroid issue into the mix also? You need to stop subscribing to the "it never rains but it pours" club. Just.. unsubscribe.

Best thoughts to you, Michelle. You know those are always beamed in your direction. Hugs.

stephen Hayes said...

I hope the thyroid issue turns out to be nothing serious. Take care.

François Sobieraj said...

Tous mes vœux de prompt rétablissement.
Prenez soin de vous.

Commander Zaius said...

Got you in my prayers.

Bijoux said...

I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope you get some answers soon.

Suldog said...

Whoopie pies? Someone sent you whoopie pies? Not to be a total jerk, but that almost makes ANYTHING worthwhile!

As always, good times or bad, you are in my prayers. We love you!

Secret Agent Woman said...

I've always found that with medical issues, the waiting to get answers is the most difficult part.

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself sweetie. Whoopie pies are the best medicine. I just discovered them in Maine a few weeks ago on vacation and I love those things!

Daryl said...

I wish I had been able to be of more help with the thyroid stuff ... hugs

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

What the...?
Well, I hope you have enough Whoopie Pies to tide you over until you get some answers.
The waiting sucks!

Kat said...

Oh those damn thyroids. They can REALLY mess with you. Nothing worse that wacky hormones. Man!
I really hope you find a doctor that gives you all the answers you need to get everything in working order again.
In the meantime, eat those pies! :)

tsduff said...

Very sorry to learn about your difficulties. Personally, I'm enjoying some chopped up bear claws... a rare indulgence for me as I'm not a sweets fan. My bear will kill me tomorrow because he has never known me to eat his sweets... yikes! Anyway I just wanted to tell you that my beloved tie dye shirt (blue) which we traded for is developing holes oh horror of horror. Any chance you have some old seconds lying around for me to purchase? It truly IS my beloved shirt, standing in as a soft night shirt when I need comforting. Cheers Lime!

Jocelyn said...

I wish I could present science here that proves a correlation between whoopie pies and perfect thyroids.

Alas. All we can do is turn to chocolate-based baked goods for solace.