I got tagged both by Snavy and Shyrocket to list the 8 attributes of the perfect partner so here goes.
1. Honest, trustworthy, ethical. Don't be filling my head with lies or telling me what you think I want to hear. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't be a scammer always trying to work the system.
2. Good communicator. Your are not the amazing Kreskin and neither am I. No mind readers need apply. TALK to me. LISTEN to me. It's pretty efficient.
3. Demonstrably affectionate. Touch me. I don't mean you need to be crawling all over me in public. But certainly don't be afraid to give me a hug or a kiss. I actually don't even mind if you try to sneak a feel in when you think others aren't watching. But even alone, curl up with me, give me lots of hugs and kisses.
4. Creativity and intelligence. I don't care what form it takes....music, art, writing, even carpentry, anything. Be a creator of things beautiful or useful and foster and appreciate my creativity as well. You cannot be a moron. You have to have a mind and use it. It doesn't require formal education necessarily. I've met PhDs who are idiots and high school drop-outs I thought were brilliant.
5. Shoulder to shoulder. Life is hard so I want to be with someone who is going to work well together with me. We are not enemies. It's you and me against the world. I got your back, you got mine and we are going to get through whatever diffiulties come our way....TOGETHER.
6. Family oriented. I've learned that someone who is not good to their own parents is not going to be good to me. Even if you came from an awful background, there has to be evidence that as far as it depended on you, you did what was necessary to be at peace. If, like most of us, you had a pretty average background I want to see that you love yoru family and that you will love mine too.
7. Laugh. If you don't have a sense of humor, forget it. Life is too short to go around with a long face. And even when life sucks, find a way to laugh and make me laugh. It makes it suck less. When it is good, laugh often, laugh loud. Laugh at/with me, laugh at yourself.
8. Rock my world and let me rock yours. Be a great lover. Be skilled, tender, and passionate. Have a hearty appetite. Know the difference between making love, having sex, and fucking wildly and know when the time is right for each. See #1,2,3,4,7 above....they should all be incorporated in this. Be open to new things. Unleash me, baby and you'll be glad you did.
No tags on this one since I think I am the last person in the blogosphere to do this, but if you haven't and you decide to play along, let me know.