Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Weird News Wednesday & Update

I don't want my arm to be the only focus of this blog but several people wanted to know what the doc said. I had my follow-up appt. yesterday. Splints and soft bandages were replaced by a hard cast which allows a slight elbow flexion to prevent that joint from completely locking. He said the way to treat my elbow is contraindicated by what my wrist needs so we have to come up with a happy medium. I feel very comfortable with this doc since he specializes in complex hand/wrist/elbow injuries AND he has a very good demeanor, not rushing me along, ample time for questions, full explanations. I got x-rays, sutures were removed, and of course the whole recasting procedure meant my nekkid arm was manipulated quite a lot. So now it hurts like hell and I've upped the meds again, which I'm not too keen on. Three weeks in this cast then re-evaluate and probably a different sort of cast. The nurses and cast guy both seemed impressed with my range of motion and pain tolerance. That was nice to hear but I'd really like a shot of Demerol right now. Ack.


Onto the weird news...

HAYWARD, Calif. - A man who spent five hours naked and stuck in the chimney of his stepmother's home was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of drugs, police said.

Police say Michael Urbano, 23, locked himself out of the house early Saturday morning and decided to get in on a cable TV wire through the chimney. But the wire broke and Urbano fell, getting stuck about three-quarters of the way down. He was freed when a firefighter pushed him to safety.

"We get him up, and he's naked as a jaybird," said Hayward police Lt. Gary Branson. "He tells us he took his clothes off because there would be less friction going down the chute. We did find his clothes. So that part checked out."

Authorities were called about 6:15 a.m. Saturday. A neighbor heard "faint, distressing" calls since about 2:30 a.m. and decided to call police. Police say it probably wasn't a comfortable few hours for Urbano. "He's not fat," Branson said, "but he used to play football. He's not that little."

(All I will say is I may be stoned but it still doesn't sound smart to me. Now maybe if he'd greased himself up with some Crisco...)

14 comments:

James Goodman said...

Thanks for the update on the arm.

as for the chimney flasher...OMG! :D

CozyMama said...

glad to hear u have a good doc.

CozyMama said...

glad to hear u have a good doc.

Kelly said...

ouch! Hang in there chica!

Anonymous said...

Thanks fr the update:-}

Now as far as the guy in the chimney it said he was under suspicion of being on drugs.............YA THINK??!!! LOL

Have a great day Lime!

S said...

Can I just say that pink font looks like pepto....

Let me know if you get a plaster cast, i'm all over flying out there to paint it for you! XXX

As for the weird news.....um, can I just say, Santa fantasies?

Blueprincesa said...

Hahaha!!! Poor guy!

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I have some free time this weekend, maybe I should find someone to try this with...
nah.

Glad you are doing well even if somewhat pained. Progress, all about progress.

Stephanie said...

I want to sign your cast!!!

This is why santa keeps the red suit on - just in case...

Breazy said...

LMAO! Crisco! I would have loved to hear that explanation! I am glad that you gave us an update on your arm , I do seem to have this problem worrying ya know ..hehe ! I hope all goes well with your arm and just keep us updated !

Sheri said...

Yeah a greased up-jacked up psycho in my chimney...... now there's a story!

Thanks for the arm update. I hope you feel better soon.

Continued healing vibes your way.

Unknown said...

..that guy in the chimney..lawd have mercy.

Glad you gave an update..hope you are out of pain soon and on the road to rehab :)

DaMasta said...

Hmm... think I could use that excuse? "I'm not fat, I used to play football.." Nah.. it'll never fly.

Speaking of flying.. gah! about your arm. Geezus, woman.. stay the heck on the ground, why don'tcha. I've never had a broken bone before, so I can't even imagine the pain.

But I sure can imagine the drugs..

;)

Robert van de Walle said...

Hayward is supposedly where the more normal folk live around here.