Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Trini Tuesday-Christmas Clean-up

My long time readers may remember this time last year how I described a good, thorough Trini 'spring cleaning' that actually goes on in December. If you don't recall or if you are new take a quick look. It won't hurt. I promise....go on, we'll wait.....Ok, back? Good.

Now I can let you know we have started our Trini cleaning, complete with the painting. We've been in this house 3 years. When we moved in it was covered in some 'very Brady wallpaper' which HAD to be removed. I removed all but one room of it pretty quickly. Oh, there was also a wall full of 12 inch square mirrors with blue and silver swirls through them. They had to go too! So all that was removed right quick. Don't believe me on the ugly factor? Let me show you...and then please tell me in what universe this ever could have been considered tasteful decor.


And then the walls sat bare for 3 years. Why so long? Well let's just say it involves Mr. Lime's extreme aversion to painting, my bad back, Janita, and a living room/dining room/foyer with a single ceiling and a section of 14 ft ceilings involving all sorts of steps to work around.

Sunday was the day we started. Yippee!!!

Oh, and may I say it's REALLY a very nice thing to have a 6'6" friend who likes to paint. He's really good for getting those high spots.

Ok, it's really not that pink. It's more of a brickish color. The flash washed it out but there you have it. The Christmas cleanup, Trini-style, at House of Lime has commenced.

Happy Trini Tuesday!

25 comments:

James Goodman said...

lol, good times...good times. :D

Logophile said...

Glad you finally have your color!
I'm having a reaction from having just looked at those samples, I can't imagine a houseful, ACK!

ttfootball said...

Good for you Lime!
I somehow doubt my family has started yet, December 5th is WAAYYY too early, we're the ones who like the excitement of painting at night and hustling to wrap up things 10pm christmas eve LOL
I can't wait to go home!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow thats gonna look GREAT!!

CozyMama said...

oooooh I like that color.

S said...

Wow LIme, from just that small glance of your brick red wall, the tropical plant along with the wood, completee with white start thingy in the upper left hand corner, makes it look very very fun and tropical!

I remember when you moved in, and taking the wallpaper off was paramount!

Gary said...

I have always liked that color of pink. I think I remember those mirror squares you mentioned. I never liked them, not even a little. I really think their main appeal was their novelty.

Anonymous said...

Maybe your house used to be owned by Ray Charles!

You've got a weak back? How long have you had that weak back?......

Anonymous said...

A Very Brady Christmas huh? And don't even lie ... that is sooooo pink you girlie, girl you. Happy Trini Tuesday!
TG

lecram sinun said...

Now the write is over I have no more excuses and have to do similar chores around here. I think I'll begin with the laundry.

Anonymous said...

erm...what's decorating?

RennyBA said...

I must admit I have a bit of the same aversion as your husband, but I know it feels better once you have started and you are really getting into it - really nice!
I think you handle your 6'6" friend in an excellent way. Can I invite you over when yours are done? LoL

Anonymous said...

The color of that wall reminds me of what the policeman said to me way back when. He was passing my car for registration. On asking me what color it was, I told him Chiffon Lilac. He looked at me, looked out the window at the car, looked back at me and replied, 'Pigs f**king arse, it's f**king pink.
Subsequently, my car was registered as a pink car.

Breazy said...

You should have called , I love to paint. I am only knee high to a grasshopper(5'2) but I could have painted down near the trim. LOL! I love the color ! Have a great Tuesday !

Kelly said...

How fun! I love cleaning and decorating.

Anonymous said...

Well you certinly look busy. I just spent an hour scraping wax off of the floor. First time I spilled wax. God that was fun! I hope it was the last! I would definitely rather be painting! Painting is actually fairly relaxing work, as long as you're not rushed. Enjoy your new paint :-)

P.S. Is that your bad hand/arm? How's it feeling with the painting?

Anonymous said...

I painted my apartment last year all by myself. I thought it would be some sort of rewarding experience to do it alone.

Silly me...I still have an unfinished corner and now the furniture is in place. So I call the unfinished corner an "artistic" choice.

Fred said...

Arggg! Reminders of my recent home remodeling. Argggg!

I don't do the taping - The Missus does that part. She has patience.

Moosekahl said...

That "pink" looks like what my office color looked like when i started...it dried to it's appropriate brick color and looks just as great as your's! Still have the other room on the third floor to do, but I'll get to it eventually :)

airplanejayne said...

at least it's not pepto pink.....

:)

Bridget Jones said...

Now THAT is a nice pink! Way to go Lime!!!

Bridget Jones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bridget Jones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Belizegial said...

That is such a cool color :)Congrats on starting in on the christmas cleanup for this year. Happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, sort of 'Brady Bunch', the 'Walton's' kitchen and 'Mary Tyler Moore's' bathroom all mixed together in one house.

Simply the reason why I will NEVER wallpaper.