You Know You're a Trini When...
- You reach where you're going at least an hour late.
- You point with your lips.
- You call hanging out 'liming.'
- The word 'storm' has nothing to do with the weather.
- You refer to soda pop as 'sweet drink.'
- You say 'Old Year's Night' instead of 'New Year's Eve.'
- You refer to avocado as 'zaboca.'
- You call hard candy 'sweetie.'
- You call all hot drinks (coffee, cocoa, milo, tea) 'tea.'
- You could wine and get on bad.
- You like eating doubles for breakfast.
- You wash 'wares' after a meal.
- You say 'boy' to everyone, ususally at the beginning of a sentence.
- You end a sentence with 'man.'
- You like to call people by hissing.
- You nod your head upwards to greet someone.
- You show disappointment by 'steupsing' (also called sucking teeth).
- You shorten your sentences, like 'Whayahsayin?' or 'Whahappenin?'
- You say 'twenTAY' (20) instead of 'twenTEE' like other English speakers.
- You speak of leaving your hair 'open' instead fo 'loose.'
- You start gearing down for the weekend by lunchtime on Friday.
And I'll add...You know what these things mean and find them funny.
So how Trini are you?
Happy Trini Tuesday!