Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Weird Wednesday-Creativity Gone Awry

Susie has opened for business over here at Etsy.com. I went over to check out her lovely handwork and found a treasure trove of weirdness in other departments.


Inhaler Coin Purse Because when you are gasping for breath, risking the inhalation of a coin because you've confused your medicine with a coin purse is a GREAT idea!










Pear Cozy We can't have our pears catching a chill can we? And in case you are concerned about frigid apples, you can buy a little sweater for them too. I can just see little pear wives asking their apple husbands, 'Does this sweater make me look fat?'








Stuffed testicles This is from the maker herself...'why stuffed testicles? why not. i made some of these partly as a joke and i thought i would share them with you.these beauties are great for hanging anywhere you see fit, your rearview mirror, bedroom door, chritmas tree....they are each about the size of a lemon, and make great gifts....'

Ok, lemon sized?? Those are some serious cajones! Although I am thinking of getting a set for the rearview mirror of the car Diana and Calypso will be driving when they get their licenses....This is what happen to dates who don't take no for an answer....




Personalized stuffed vulva Holy Moses on a pogo stick! I'd be a bit afraid if my vulva looked like this. What sort of disease makes it look like that??? And what sort of person buys something like this? I mean I get the concept of sex toys, got my very own thankyouverymuch, but this? It's not looking terribly effective for the frustrated male and I don't think I'd get one for the wee ones to carry around. 'It's bedtime sweetie, do you have your vulva?'

28 comments:

G-Man said...

( pulls hat brim down over one eye and speaks verry low )

uh...I'll have TWO of the vulvas please....

SignGurl said...

Ahahaha!! Lime, this post is hilarious!

P.S. I love the new profile picture!

Logophile said...

Sweet fancy Moses.
What on earth?
I, I,
I have nothing else to say about htat.

Unknown said...

People will make and BUY ANYTHING. Holy crap.

lime said...

g-man, they will arrive in a plain brown wrapper

sg, thanks, on both counts!!

logo, if YOU'RE speechless that is significant!

heather, i'm betting they'd even buy holy crap. 'look, i found the face of jesus in my cat's litte pan!' whaddya think i can get for it on ebay?

Doo Dah said...

I am speechless.............

Doo Dah said...

BTW I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR NEW PROFILE PIC..........

S said...

OMG I have been hanging out at the wrong shops, Im missing all the fun! No way stuffed cajones, and the vulva, argh.

It is true tho, at that place, you have everything from handmade felt bookmarkers to real art....

Thanks for the shout out, miss! :X

Anonymous said...

I am holding on here, holding on to the simple stuff to comment on. I will stay away from the obvious.

The pear cozy. Ah, yes, that is nice.

Love that sense of humor, Lime, in this post and in your meme the other day. Beautiful.

Mustafa Şenalp said...

I like your site very much. Thanks for your interest. Have a good day

Cosima said...

I clicked on the stuffed testicles link... I just couldn't resist... they seem to be sold out already...?!?

lime said...

doodah, it is breathtaking no? and thanks

susie, i owe it all to you today!

goodthomas, you are such a gentle soul, i'm glad my particular brand of humor entertains rather than offends you

mustafa, thank you

cosima, i noticed that myself earlier....i swear they were there a week ago. must be some high demand for stuffed gonads!

Kelly said...

LOL, I almost spit out my coffee! Too funny!

DaMasta said...

HOLY VIOLATED FRUIT AND BODY PARTS, BATMAN! Umm.. ummm.. testicles?!? Umm... gah! I'm speechless! I just.. gah!

Jim said...

I can kind of see the pear thing, if it's lined with brown paper to aid in the ripening process, but other than that . . .

Talk about having WAY too much time on your hands . . . man.

Another two thumbs way up for the new pic, Lime. Very nice.

XO

jillie said...

How in the world would you even be able to SIT with a vulva that size let alone trying to keep from rocking back and forth....

LOL!!!!!

What do you make for the banana's?
hahahahaha...

Ok..time for more coffee ;o)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up you nut!
tc

lime said...

myutopia, by now i'd hope that on wednesdays you are using a keyboard condom

damasta, shocking, no?

jillie, LMAO!!! i had the same thought about the bananas. and i swear i am not making this up but a guy pal of mine told me his mother knit things she called cox sox for he and his brothers inthe winter. i reckon they'd work! perhaps my male readers could tell me if hand knit cox sox are things they've ever had experience with....

tc, glad to be of service ;)

Rusty Nails said...

WHOA! I think I saw that vulva in my 9th grade sex ed class on STD prevention. O.K., so what sort of bored, sick mind thinks up this stuff? Just sitting around the house watching old game shows on Nick or something and you go..."Hey, I feel like sewing something? I know. A vulva and some testicles. They'll make such lovely Christmas gifts."

Sheesh!

(Nice new pic and very amusing post. You crazy!)

Anonymous said...

call you a stuffed testicle?
no never!(wink)
tc

lime said...

jim, sorry i missed you earlier...i think a paper bag would be sufficient for that, in fact it always has been for me.

rusty, i'm not sure i want an answer to that question. then again what sort of twisted mind uses it all as blog fodder...

tc, phew!

~Tim said...

Apparently PT Barnum was right: "No one went broke underestimating public taste."

(M)ary said...

oh...that is the vulva!! well, it looks like a baked potato

Bsoholic said...

o_O

TorAa said...

The purse, the purse, I had forgotten until now. I got so excited by remebering, so have me excused for simply forgetting the rest of the photos. Be sweet and excuse me?

lime said...

tim, you and PTB got that right!

m, i will never be able to look at a baked potato the same way again

bs, huh??

toraa, you are most graciously excused

S said...

I think we should get the vulva pillow for rusty nails for his bday..Im in with Etsy, I'll arrange it.

cathy said...

I must change my glasses. I thought that the testicles were potatoes. RUB A DUB SPUDS!