G-man tagged me to list 7 habits and 7 favorite songs. I was actually tagged by Dorky Dad to tell 10 things about myself earlier last week. DD made his interesting by adding a few items that weren't really true and challenging the reader to determine which they were. So I'm going to combine the two tags.
10 Habits....which ones do YOU think are real and which ones are not?
1. Sleeping nekkid. I hate when pajamas get tangled up in the sheets. No jammies, no problem.
2. Ignoring official meme rules.
3. Planning coups of small countries.
4. Spending a small fortune on manicures.
5. As a kid I used to stockpile my already chewed gum (I was only allowed a half a piece of Trident for crying out loud!) so I could combine it and actually have a chewable hunk of gum. I am so not telling you where I hid my stockpile.
6. Falling asleep on the couch.
8. Reading the encyclopedia and dictionary.
9. Listing good candidates for my cabinet when I overthrow Vanuatu.
10. Celebrating obscure and made up holidays like Festivus, Talk Like a Pirate Day, and National Masturbation Month (a holiday worthy of an entire month!)
10 Songs...I actually do love all of these, no guesswork here.
1. Jingo by Santana. I cannot hear this and not just go right into my own space and dance myself into oblivion. This version features Eric Clapton along with Carlos Santana so bonus!
2. When the Rain Comes by Third Day. What a friend does when it's most needed.
3. Arms of a Woman by Amos Lee.
4. Mudfootball by Jack Johnson. Delightful whimsy and good to dance to.
5. Gypsy and Landslide by Stevie Nicks. They are tied and for me will be forever linked as one. That's all I'm gonna say.
6. Kiss by Prince. I've said it before. I'll say it again. I don't care what some internet quiz says...this is my stripper song.
7. What Am I to You? by Norah Jones
8. Love Shack by the B-52s. Total fun, what can I say?
9. Dream a Little Dream of Me by Cass Elliot. I've loved this song from the first time I heard it when I was about 13 and swiped my mom's The Mamas & the Papas album. I think this is just such a simple and lovely song and only Mama Cass can do it justice. Love it!
10. Trumpet Voluntary by Henry Purcell because it was the first piece Diana ever played as a solo, which is tied by Fur Elise by Beethoven because it is the first classical piece of music Calypso performed as a solo when she was learning piano.
Yes, if you want to get all technical on me I have 12 songs listed. You'll live. I have 1064 songs on my iPod for crying out loud. It's a miracle I narrowed it down this much. Besides, i already told you I habitually break meme rules.