Now I am supposed to award 5 other people with this glorious award for the ability to generate interactions and increasing social interaction on the web with their fabulously schmoozerific ways. I know about half the blogosphere has been awarded this thing already and YOU may already be a winner...simply agree to buy 12 tie dye shirts from me in the next 6 months for 24 easy monthly installments of $49.95 to be entered in the sweepstakes. No? Ok, I'll just get on with it then...
Gman has got to be the schmooziest schmoozer going. He's been blogging less than a year and already seems to know everyone and all about them. His comment section is like a party every day.
Dan is another schmoozer extraordinaire. The guy is just hilarious and even though he posts infrequently he gets absurdly high numbers of comments and RESPONDS to them...much to the chagrin of his cat.
Susie is the queen of schmooze. I find a new blog to read and I often find she has already been there or follows close behind. She and Mr. Ratburn do some of the most fun-loving HNTs I've ever seen.
Top Cat who is just such a welcoming fellow he makes everyone feel comfortable at his place. He'd certainly get special mention below as a thoughtful blogger too.
Lecram who also qualifies for the creative blogger award below because how can you NOT qualify when you write a musical about frogs? But he's also all about promoting arts and artists and getting the word out for artistic types.
Then I saw that Myutopia awarded me as a Thoughtful and Creative Blogger and I am supposed to give those out to 5 people.
You know...I couldn't read any of you if I didn't see a sense of thoughtfulness in you and I'm not going to try to narrow it down any further.
James has to get this partly because he is a tremendous writer. He also managed to get me to read a genre I never ever thought I would enjoy, horror. He's put up some hard punching vignettes and teased us with beginnings to novels. I was privileged enough to read one of his unpublished full novels about vampires and LOVED it. This is no small thing since I swore off vampire books when I was 10 and read one that kept me up with nightmares for days after!
Mark is another horror writer who astonishes me. He is also one of the silliest guys doing HNT. He comes up with extended series involving Darth Tater and the Spudtroopers. It is gut busting funny. They way he marvels over his little boy makes me smile a mile wide too.
Keyser Soze has been having blog problems lately but he is a gifted musician. He paints and writes too so he hits just about every way a person can be artistically creative. If that doesn't qualify him I don't know what would! I stand in awe of people who are so multi-talented.
Nana-G is a new blogger and in the short time I have been reading her I am simply blown away by her poetic way with words.
Pauline and Cathy get votes too for their writing. Poetry, Friday 55s and short stories fill the blogs of these two gals who just happen to be related to each other. Creativity must run in their family.
And if all that is not good enough, it seems Cooper is not satisfied with the amount of factoids about me here on my own blog. I've done 100 things about me twice. I've done a variation of 8 random facts 4 times already. I think there is enough information about me to make me a trivia category all by myself. 'Yes Alex, I'll take Lime for $500.' Honey, if you think I can be bought you are sadly mistaken... Ok, maybe in doing this meme again I will qualify for the Narcissistic Blogger Award, but Cooper is new and I AM thoughtful so I guess I'd better get creative now too.
1. Blood type is O+. I have been a blood donor since I was 17. I have my 5 gallon pin. I was interrupted by pregnancy, foreign travel, and anti-malarial meds. Finally, they decided I was anemic. I tried to donate for another year and kept getting deferred and haven't been back since. I'm a little bummed by that. Not because I enjoy having large bore needles rammed into my veins but because it is a simple act that can save a life and you know, there are also times when it's not so bad to endure that just so someone checks to make sure you are still living and then feeds you free donuts after it all.
2. Shoe size was 7.5 but after bearing a 9.5 lb baby my feet permanently widened and now I wear an 8.
3. Mother's maiden name has a meaning related to fiddle playing. Father's last name is different but has the same meaning. In spite of this, they did NOT make beautiful music together.
4. Urine samples. When I was preggers the first time I was on bed rest for pre-eclampsia and had to do several 24 hour urine samples, which meant collecting every drop for the day and keeping it in the fridge so it didn't spoil before It could go to the lab. Isn't THAT special? It was even more special to try to aim the pee into a 3 inch diameter opening while working around an 8.5 month pregnant belly. I really wished I could just whip it out like you guys at that point. I used a big funnel instead.
5. Name. In my family, first born daughters get mother's name as middle name.
6. Rank. Yes, If I fail to bathe.
7. Serial Number. L6293. Ok, actually that is military humor combined with extremely arcane librarian humor that I don't really expect anyone to get.
8. Totally random factoid. I love dandelions. A world without them is a world without daily mommy bouquets.
Phew....that's all done...I feel drained. Someone gimme a donut please....