Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Here She Comes to Save the Daaaaaaay!

I'm suffering from a fastnacht hangover today and needed an idea for post. After a particularly irritating conversation last night I have a rant I'd like to spew out but I figured this would be more fun for all of you. Thanks to Suldog for the idea turning myself into a super hero at the Hero Factory. It was so much fun I made three versions. I just wish they'd let me give my own name to these heroes.

Personally, I'd call this first one the Limenatrix. I couldn't resist that lasered whip for a weapon. In retrospect she ought to ditch the cape. I just see that getting in the way when she cracks the whip.




The name for this one isn't half bad. She'd be the badass librarian superhero crusading against dog-earring of books and overdue returns, imparting knowledge wherever she went, leaving literature in her wake. I would have given her the Date Stamp of Doom as her weapon if it were an option. She can also use her library card like a razored throwing star and her Sonic Shush stops ignoramus perpetrators in their tracks.





This name is just the worst. First of all, it's boring. Secondly, that sword is way more ninja like than piratical. Next, I am far more inclined to hygienic practices than the average pirate. Besides that sleek hero costume is built for stealth and speed not swash and buckle. We'll call this one the Limanator. She's a bad guy's worst nightmare.

So which one of these alter egos of mine do you want swooping in to save the day?

If you want to be a hero too head on over to the Hero Factory. Then let me know all about your alternate identity.

19 comments:

g-man said...

Green would definately be your color. Maybe you could carry around a Fastnacht Cannon and pummel inconsiderate idiots with lard soaked pastries, until they saw the light?

g-man said...

Bang-a-Gong!!!!

Bijoux said...

I like the name "Limanator," but I like the bad-ass librarian concept the best.

Cheesy said...

To hell with the super powers....

I just want her abs!

I would settle for that whip tho!

Cooper said...

The pirate...definitely. But loose the eyepatch...

lime said...

gman, green comes in second since a tie dye color scheme was not an option. i like the idea of a fastnacht cannon!

cocotte, the librarian made me giggle. i had fun making that one

cheesy, yeah...i'd love those abs myself.

cooper, you don't think the eye patch makes her look tougher?

Desmond Jones said...

Please don't hurt me, O Limenatrix. . .

(and really, aren't 'Limenatrix' and 'Limanator' variations on the same theme?)

And yeah, I was wondering why no tie-dye costume. . . ;)

Jazz said...

I'd go for the first, but you're right. Lose the cape. And yep, the costume should be tie dyed.

Suldog said...

I definitely love the badass librarian. Of course, I've always been a sucker for brunettes who wear glasses.

"Date Stamp Of Doom"

Heh!

Breazy said...

I like the Limenatrix! That name is really popping.

Hope all is well with you today and if you need a little giggle I have a joke posted that is kind of just for women.

have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm totally going for Limenatrix!!! She's awesome!

Fun post! :D

S said...

Hey Lime~anator, NO CAPE!!!!

Edna has taught us. You know what happens when you wear a cape!

Kat said...

Wait a second, where is the tie dye?

Anonymous said...

hey Lime... have you heard the song 'Librarian' by My Morning Jacket yet...??? have a listen to it and think of me baby...hehhehheh ;) :P

PS - you could keep your boots on too...!!! woo hoo...!!! (^_^)

Anonymous said...

I don't know - check out the posture! All three look like they are nearly overcome with ennui.

The Teacup Cottage said...

Definitely, Limenatrix. hat's my vote, but I assume all three have chocolate as their kryptonite!

(M)ary said...

i like the astonishing spectacled superior! she has cool glasses

lime said...

desmond, i only punish the guilty

jazz, i really wish i could have opted for at least one tie dye costume

suldog, i'm kind of partial to her myself

breazy, i'll head on over to check it out

solitaire, it's the whip, isn't it?

s, good point. i forgot edna's advice

kat, the hero factory didn't give me that option

guinness, i will have to check that out

citizen, yep, i thought so too. again, there was no choice regarding posture

princess, how well you know me!

mary, yeah i was digging her shades too

Susan English Mason said...

I did two of these and mine were angel heroes! Here she comes to fly away! This means that Mighty P is on the way!!! I had a riot doing them.