Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Universe Implosion Averted

A couple of weeks ago I post my Marital Madness Meme. After said post, Suldog made the following comment:

It's positively scary how much your answers to those questions match the very ones I would have given. Even though I definitely still want to have that drink with you next time you're in the area, it's probably best if we never meet. I think the universe might implode.

I responded with an email letting him know I'd be in town this past weekend and asking if he wanted to test the hypothesis. Yeah, I live dangerously. Apparently so does Suldog because he agreed to meet for the sake of the advancement of science. He brought his wife. I brought my cousin and her son. I'd like to say you can thank them for buffering the insanity (and thus averting disaster) that was the meeting of Suldog and Lime but I think that may give them undue credit for levels of sanity they have not achieved themselves. Mrs. Suldog has a hilariously dry wit and it's easy to see why she is so beloved by her husband. She was also sweet enough to wear a lime green shirt and beads in my honor. Now how cool is that? She's kind of shy about her picture being on the interwebs though so I can offer no evidence of such. Just extrapolate by elongating the forehead below into a full face and an attractive female form wearing a lime green shirt and beads. Please imagine her fully clothed as well. I don't think she'd want you imagining her wearing only a shirt and beads. I mean really, we were in public and she's a classy lady.


As for my cousin...well...you've already seen this picture but I'll post it again in case you forgot. Are those the faces of well balanced individuals or escaped mental patients?


With grownups like that around there's really very little hope for future generations. I'll pause while you weep. Pssst, Jacob, quick! While they are distracted you can wipe your fingers on the chair. Personally, I think it's darned impressive that he has not only one but both fingers in up to the first knuckle.

Ok, so we have established that this was a dangerous gathering of minds at the Pleasant Cafe. Even the waitress was a little dangerous. I asked for water with extra lemon and she more than delivered.


I have to say the food was as delicious as Suldog promised. We all had a great time together. Yummy food, good conversation, lots of laughs. As Suldog put it, it was the nicest lunch with relative strangers who seemed more like strange relatives. As a bonus, the universe did not implode, as evidenced by your ability to read this while you sit there in your bathrobe or as you avoid doing any real work.




In the name of scientific exploration we also determined the chemical effects of combining too much lemon with Lime.


In the area of rhetoric we also disproved the adage, "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose." If you wish to contribute to further scientific research Suldog and I will accept cash or paypal. Of course, mere expressions of gratitude for the suppression of universal implosion are also welcome.

25 comments:

furiousBall said...

double barrel nose picking is the most efficient means if you ask me

G-Man said...

LIAR!!!!!!!

Desmond Jones said...

Wow. . . nose-picking on the first date. . .

When can you come to Michigan?

;)

G-Man said...

Sorry, I meant to say..
Beautiful...:P

Bijoux said...

um, looks like "fun?"

Jinksy said...

I have a particularly slim little finger on each hand, and have often offered one for nose picking duties, but never been accepted...strange, that...

Suldog said...

I have to admit, I've never had quite so much fun having my nose picked by a member of the opposite sex. I've never yet had my nose picked by a member of the same sex, so that may be a thrill, too.

(No, she didn't really pick my nose.)

(Yes, she did.)

(No, she didn't.)

(Whatever turns you on, or leaves you the least grossed out. Your choice.)

In any case, the entire experience is one I'll never forget without years of therapy and copious amounts of psychopharmaceuticals, and I'm looking forward to a repeat performance as soon as possible.

Hilary said...

You people are crazy fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Finally got here and TWO POSTS! Cool! Are there more coming? Looks like you had a grand time. Good on ya!

Cheers!

S said...

What is it about meeting fellow bloggers that makes you want to pick noses?
There was the giant cement troll in Seattle under the bridge...yes, I picked his nose.
Perhaps next time in India, I will have to pick some noses.

Or maybe it was just the lemon OD that made you do it....

Looks like you all had such fun!

airplanejayne said...

I just want to nose when you're coming to California!?!?!?!?

Craver Vii said...

You are both so much more fun than I would have been, but I wish I coulda been there anyway!!

Psychopharmaceuticals for the lemon-lime... Ha! That's rich!

I'm off to check out Suldog's report now...

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!! Oh I love this post! :) What a wonderful meeting of blogger friends! :)

If I get anywhere near Boston you'd better believe I'm gonna make a trip to see you! :)

Desmond Jones said...

And, um. . . wow, you have a really long tongue. . .

;)

G-Man said...

.....But does she know how to use it?

lime said...

furiousball, true but one must also have nostrils of sufficient diameter to accommodate the double pick.

gman, lighten up francis ;)

desmond, actually i was there about a year and a half ago and had a picnic lunch with gman, signgurl, roximoon, and her friend, croaker all in the detroit airport baggage claim during a 3 hour layover

cocotte, it was!

jinksy, man you could do some serious picking! i can't believe they've turned you down!

suldog, did i or didn't i? the world may never know. mwahahahahaha. what's a little therapy and psychopharmaceuticals among friends. i look forward to inflicting further damage on the universe too. :)

hilary, crazy+fun, is there any other way?

lecram, yep, more to come for sure.

s, one of these days i want to get to seattle so i can pick the troll's nose too. i do have a picture of me picking the nose of the bull statue on wall street too.

apj, start a collection...i really want to come so you can throw me out of a perfectly good airplane and janita can dance with jimmy

craver, we'd have sucked you right into the madness too. no one escapes the insantiy!

mssolitaire, i'm 5 hours away from boston. nyc or philly are better bets. let me know if you ever make it to one of those cities. i'd love to meet you :)

desmond, well it doesn't exactly rival gene simmons but it has served me well.

gman, of course i do, my ice cream cones never drip down my arm.

Jazz said...

Had you gone anywhere else the universe would have imploded. That place is just to pleasant for implosion.

Anonymous said...

The best thing about this post was to see you had a great time - I just loved the two last pics ;-)

So next is Oslo, Norway then? - Blogging connecting People you know!

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! You guys look like you were having way too much fun!

Mona said...

I see G Man is jealous?

Great meeting up with Suldog & wifey! You guys seem to be having a lot of fun.

lime said...

jazz, lucky we had the containment field at the pleasant

renny, we had a blast and lisa keep urging me to come to stockholm with her, which is obviously far closer to you than my current location

citizen, i'd say we were having the right amount of fun ;) hehehe

mona, gman got his shorts in a wad because he wasn't the first commenter. i soothed him though.

Cooper said...

time for a NE bloggers convention....

John-Michael said...

You and SulDog (two Blessings to my Life and Heart) together, is a complete Joy! I thank You Lime, My Darlin', for including us in your escapades!

Lovin' Ya ...

tsduff said...

I must say none of our blogger buddies had the inclination to pick each others noses. Your affair sounds like a rollicking time was had by all. :)

Jocelyn said...

I'm glad you clarified about what Mrs. Suldog was wearing, as I had been picturing her wearing the beads as a thong.

You are very brave to meet a fellow blogger--I find that prospect intimidating!