She got me.
8 Things I am looking forward to:
1. Winning the lottery
2. Winning an Oscar
3. Winning the Nobel Peace Prize
4. Winning at checkers
5. Checking groceries
6. Cashing a check
7. Checking my coat at the theater
8. Getting coated in chocolate
8 Things I did yesterday:
1. Took Isaac to the doc so he could get a refill for his asthma inhaler and we could find some more effective allergy treatment for the kid so he doesn't have to walk around with wads of tissues in his nostrils like corks (which is his current solution).
2. Had an entirely reasonable discussion with the doctor and Isaac about how to alleviate his symptoms.
3. Cursed the environmentalists who lobbied to make the inhalers we used to use illegal.
4. Cursed the drug companies who decided the environmentally mandated reformulations of inhalers are proprietary so we can look forward to 7 years of expensive inhalers before we can get nice cheap generics again, even though the drug is the same, just the propellants are different.
5. Cursed my insurance company beancounters (who have no medical training and yet get to dictate how my doctor treats us) for quibbling over the $5 difference between the inhaler they want us to have and the one that actually works.
6. Got lectured by the pharmacist when I said the kid would use my inhaler (we use the same drug) until the insurance company got its head out of its ass and decided to let us have the inhaler that works.
7. Went home and ranted about the stupidity and brokenness of the system.
8. Watched my kid continue to feel completely miserable
8 Things I wish I could do:
1. The ever delectable Hugh Jackman
2. George Clooney
3. Oh wait you meant what, not who...hhmm
4. Oh alright...that thing with the chocolate
5. That thing that makes me sigh
6. That thing that makes him sigh
7. Ok, ok, ok. I'll stop....eradicate evil insurance company beancounters from the face of the earth. (The good ones can stay)
8. Restore some sanity to the health care system. It's a total pain in the ass for my son and me but at least we aren't in some life threatening situation. If I had to muster up the energy to argue with the damned insurance company while fighting some major trauma or life threatening disease how much worse would it be?
8 Shows I watch:
1. The neighbors when they dance naked in their front yard as they celebrate the full moon
2. My children arguing over the TV remote
3. The parade of inbred humanity at the Walmart
4. My own slow death march toward mortality
5. The cosmic tease of one 24 hour period of lovely weather followed by 8 days of overcast, grey skies
6. The evolution of the piles of dirty laundry in my daughters' rooms into intelligent life forms.
7. The low speed scooter races on senior citizen day at the grocery store
8. The squirrel mania in my backyard during acorn season (our house is in the middle of an acre of oak trees)
8 People I tag:
1. Hugh Jackman
2. George Clooney
3. Evil insurance company beancounters (I'm tagging them with a wooden stake through the heart...bloodsuckers that they are)
4. The naked neighbors
5. The ladies blocking the cereal aisle with their scooters while they catch up on the latest hip replacement news
6. Whatever life forms lurk under my daughters' beds
7. The Walmart greeter
8. The squirrels