Isaac is doing well enough that he is attempting a return to school today. I figured when I had to chase him out the front door to retrieve a baseball bat from his hand (because he actually thought he could do some batting....uh, lemme think about that for a nanosecond.NO!!!!!) he was well enough to hobble around school on his crutches. Thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes.
Since he's doing well and Mr. Lime has foot surgery on Friday I'd love to take the chance to rest up this week but that's unlikely. Instead, I bring you a bedtime meme.
1. Name 2 things you have done under the covers in the last week.
I can name 2 people I'd like to have done under the covers.
2. Do you know what a woobie is? Do you have a special one?
He's off flying the Millennium Falcon with Han Solo.
3. What prompts you to pull the covers over your head and hide from the world?
I need an excuse?
4. Firm or soft?
Are we talking mattresses or parts of anatomy here?
5. Silk or flannel?
Leather or lace?
6. Lights on or off?
What is being lit?
7. Fan or no air?
I am a fan of unimpeded air flow since oxygen is a necessity of life.
8. Completely dark or nite light?
Strobes and a disco ball.
9. Windows open or shut
Stealing Coopernicus' answer because it's brilliant...Windows until it crashes then Apples OS.
10. Sweet dreams or nightmares?
Deep and dreamless sleep.
11. PJ’s or……
Skin, baby, all skin.
12. Set bedtime?
Set it where? On the nightstand? At the foot of the bed?
13. What do sheep count when they can’t sleep?
They just try counting and get frustrated since they don't have fingers and toes.
14. What does your alarm clock sound like?
It makes a crashing noise when I throw it against the wall.
15. White noise or music
The music of a sated partner sighing blissfully.
16. TV or IPod?
Spring peepers and crickets.
17. Can you recall a pleasant dream you’d like to share?
Mmmm, yes....sigh...oh, excuse me, I drifted off there for a moment
18. Under the covers or outside the covers
Levitating over the bed.
19. Insomniac or sleep angel?
20. What is your favorite sleep aid for those tossin’ and turnin’ nights?
21. Morning person or night person
Mourning a knight.
22. Bedtime snack?
Giving or receiving or both?
23. Hot or cold room
24. Bedtime ritual?
Walking backwards around the bed 7 times then chanting the Mongolian alphabet before sacrificing a chihuahua.
25. Twin, Queen, King, Bunk or Futon
Gees, the futon is getting crowded with all the royalty and multiples and purveyors of less than factual information.
26. Socks or naked feet
27. Bedroom door locked or unlocked?
Can a bead curtain be locked?
28. Tent or hotel room
Yurt (this one is for Susie)
29. If you could be bored to sleep, what would bore you?
I would have used the drill bit answer if Coopernicus hadn't beaten me to it.
30. Prayers or mantra?
31. What was the worst nightmare you ever had?
A worldwide chocolate shortage
32. Please share any ideas on how to stop a person from snoring.
I’m all ears.
If you're all ears how do you have the parts required to make a snoring sound?
33. If one purely pleasant thought could ensure fast and sound deep sleep for you every night, what would your one thought be?
The thoughts that float through my mind in the afterglow.
34. How many hours do you normally sleep?
Not nearly enough.
35. Thunderstorms or quiet starry night?
Do you really need to ask?
36. Warm bath or hot shower?
How big are the facilities and may I have company?
37. What is the craziest thing that ever happened in your bed?
Probably the ritual mentioned in #24.
38. Name a song you could fall asleep to.
The 1812 Overture cannon solo.
Sadly, it was not Hugh Jackman.