Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Say Goodnight, Gracie

I want to thank each and every one of you who has left kind words, offered prayers, sent good energy.  It's been a rough few days.  No real news yet as to the cause.  We don't care much for the neurologist we saw in the ER. We are trying to get in with another one and still get the necessary testing done in the meantime. Mr. Lime has rides to work and felt well enough to go in today.  Calypso made it through school on Monday but came home early today.  Since some folks asked for updates I will give them as we have anything to report.  I am deeply grateful for the support so many of you have offered.


She came to us as a gift of grace a year and a half ago after I totaled Beulah the Minivan of Love in a head-on collision.  She came with no promises because she was old and had some issues.  Sometimes the kids and Mr. Lime made fun of her because she was rusty, her head liner was saggy, her doors were hard to open and close, and she made funny sounds.  I always responded with the statement, "Well, I am very thankful for this van you think is a heap of junk.  She's my Gracie."  I truly was, because when I was in need there she was.  She served us well while she was with us.  She kept on going even after the big doe ran into her path and mashed her up. I was hoping to replace the banged in parts but that is not to be.  RIP, Gracie.  I hope you have a place of honor in the junkyard.

19 comments:

Bubba said...

Sorry for the loss of your vehicle.

I'm glad there were no serious injuries to anyone involved.

(Though losing Mr. Lime's driver's license is a real bummer!)

Anonymous said...

This seriously sucks. Things will get better. We're all pulling for you.

- Jazz

Craig said...

Gracie, we hardly knew ye. . .

Glad Mr. Lime is feeling better. Still praying, though, for a clear diagnosis, and peace of mind for all the Limes. . .

Suldog said...

Ditto what Craig said, in all regards. You know we'd both give you a big squishy hug if you were within reach...

Hilary said...

You've been on my mind, and there you'll stay in my very best thoughts. Big hugs to you, Michelle.

Phaedrous said...

Oh, Lime. I just checked in and found the news. So sad. You have had more than your share of this and I wish there was something I could do.

Please know that there are many out here who wish the same thing. Perhaps if we all concentrate real hard, you will feel some comfort. I'll start now.

Feel anything?

P.

snowelf said...

Lime, I have been thinking about you guys all day so I'm glad to hear you're all doing as well as you are.
I'm so sorry to hear about Gracie. :(

hugs,

--snow

Maude Lynn said...

I hope that you get some good news soon!

clean and crazy said...

wow what a hell of a weekend you had. i hope all is well with the family and that you may get some peace of mind soon.

thinking of you...

Dave said...

I'm glad that things are not as bad as you may have expected Michelle. Hope things continue to improve for you all. I can understand you love of that poor van. I always feel sad whenever we sell and upgrade our cars too. :-) - Dave

(M)ary said...

Gracie. May your replacement last longer!

secret agent woman said...

I'm sorry about the car, but more worried that they can't find a cause for your husband's seizure. How unsettling.

G-Man said...

Awwww...
Gone but NOT forgotten!

Mother Theresa said...

Bit sad losing Gracie, but I'm glad there were no more serious injuries. Looks like she died to save what you love most, so her death was not in vain. I'm still sending good vibes you way...hope they figure out what caused it soon and that you'll find a new road companion that will serve you as well as Gracie has.

lecram said...

I am just glad that Gracie kept you safe in the time she was a part of your family.

Hoping everything gets back to optimum soon in your life.

Craver Vii said...

Still praying, Friend.

Alice Audrey said...

Hugs.

That's the kind of loss that will haunt you for a while.

May you be graced with a new vehicle soon.

Commander Zaius said...

Michelle I am so sorry, just getting back into the grove of things and just read your post.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Jocelyn said...

The only upside to this whole thing is that the days of horse and carriage are over--otherwise, the glue factory would be working overtime thanks to your family!