Welcome to The Queen's Meme #77
Seven Royal Questions on Tuesdays
The Grocery Store Meme
The last time I went grocery shopping I came home with way too much chocolate. It wasn't supposed to be that way. I went for mangoes. But the chocolate kept calling my name.
1. Do you make a list when you go grocery shopping?
Yes, and I check it twice to see which canned goods have been naughty and nice.
2. Do you buy more groceries when you're hungry?
No, I just open them and eat them right in the aisles and hide the wrappers.
3. Coupons. Use 'em?
Yes, as an artistic medium. I have walls covered in them. I make book covers with them...jewelry....clothing....I call my art "Decouponage." I'll be opening an Etsy shop soon.
4. Have you ever complained to the manager of your grocery store?
Yes, I told him I was bitterly disappointed by the federal budget crisis and the partisan posturing that cripples our government and blinds the citizenry to real issues and solutions. I also mentioned my ongoing frustration with the health care system and insurance industries. Then I expressed my concern about my own impending existential meltdown. It didn't seem to make much difference.
5. Do you like to buy groceries at huge chain stores like WalMart?
Or do you shop exclusively at food stores?
My retinas are burning after reading the W-word. The tics have returned too. If I shopped exclusively at food stores I'd have to wear a meat dress like Lady Gaga, wouldn't I?
6. How much time do you spend reading labels in the grocery store?
Oh I've read LOTS. I think there should be Pulitzer Prizes given for food labeling. Some of the fiction is astonishing, positively gripping storytelling there.
7. Do you push your own grocery cart to the car and return it?
I have my people do that.
8. What is the one food item you always buy at the grocery store that you can't live without?