Sunday, October 14, 2012

Far Out Celebration

Several months ago Calypso said she found a recipe for tie dye cake and she wanted to make it for my birthday if I was interested.  I said sure and promptly forgot about it.  Last week she checked if I was still interested.  I said yes.  This is what it looked like once she finished decorating it.  Pretty groovy, huh?
She says between the baking and the decorating it took 3 or 4 hours to make it.  In a  matter of moments the candles were lit and then blown out.  You'll see what made it so complex though...














Now how cool is that?  She had shown me a picture of the recipe and I did not expect the cake she made to have the same vibrancy of colors.  My expectations were too low.  I was totally impressed.  It tasted yummy too.

18 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow.. that's one colourful cake! Happy birthday, Lime.. I can see by the candles that it's your twelfth. ;)

stephen Hayes said...

Amazing colors. What an accomplishment. And it looks tasty.

Commander Zaius said...

Cool!

Craig said...

That's a pretty amazing-looking cake! Bonus if it tastes good, eh?

Calypso's got a groovy kind of love for you, Mom. . .

Bijoux said...

Love it! But not the time it took to make it!

Other Mary said...

That is very cool! And, I wonder from the way it looked if the same technique could be used to make a cake with the eye of Sauron on it (sorry, I'm an LoTR nerd). That's a really impressive cake though! And thanks for reading and commenting on my blog!

Daryl said...

what an amazing cake .. a work of love

G-Man said...

Happy Belated B'Day Trini...
The Cake looks YUMMY!!!!!

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Now there's something that would probably be considered abstract here in Anderson.

Suldog said...

That is the grooviest cake I've ever seen. And I would like a big hunk of it right now. Damn. I wasn't hungry until I cruised over here. Now I am...

Craver Vii said...

Psychedelic!! I had to focus on something neutral just to re-orient myself. What an absolutely brilliant idea! I may want to try that.

Kat said...

WOW! I was super impressed just by the first photo, but tie dye on the inside too? Holy moly! She must REALLY love you! How sweet! I can't imagine how she did that.

Anonymous said...

Rock on. That's outrstanding.

~Dragonfly~* said...

Very coooooool, man! Happy Birthday Lime!

Pearl said...

Hey! Slice over here!

:-)

Pearl

Dave said...

That cake looks great Michelle. She did a good job. Happy belated birthday - Dave

Secret Agent Woman said...

Very impressive! And Happy Birthday!

Jenny Woolf said...

How fabulous! I will get out my food dyes next time I make a cake. No prizes for guessing mine won't be as good as this one though.