Sunday, October 27, 2013

And Now for Something Completely Different


This weekend involved a visit to my mom and stepdad during which we had hoagies from my favorite Italian place on the planet.  The next day I went to see Spamalot with my dad and stepmom.  After the show we had fabulous food at a cozy little restaurant where the lone waitress gives lots of personal attention,  Also, the chef knows my dad and comes out to sit with us at the end of the night.  He cooked my dad some off-menu fish then he sent us home with free pie after giving us all tastes so we could see which we liked best.

Now I have to go to bed to get ready for work tomorrow.  I'm going to try to carry that Saturday joy and Sunday victory forward to keep me from crying tomorrow when I am faced with administrative stupidity.  And if that doesn't work, maybe I'll just imagine performing the finale of the fish slapping dance on the assistant superidiot.

11 comments:

Jackie said...

Hoping you keep that Saturday face all week. It could be contagious!!

Bijoux said...

How was Spamalot?

Commander Zaius said...

Wife is in Switzerland on business and I HAD to take a week of vacation to watch after the kids. Yeah, I'm off but completely stuck at the house so I still feel like the kid on Monday.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

"Illegitimi non carborundum"
...or something like that.

joeh said...

That is a weekend that should get you by a lot of stupidity.

MMMM...pie...

stephen Hayes said...

I can't admit to what I was doing the last time I wore that Saturday expression, and it wasn't on a Saturday. Take care.

Hena Tayeb said...

lol!

lime said...

jackie, here's hoping on both counts.

bijoux, it was a hoot!

beach bum, well, at least you don't have to go into work?

skip, i'm engraving that for my desk

joeh, we shall see ;)

stephen, LOL the imagination boggles...

hena, ;)

Craig said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. One can never have too much fish. . . Or Python. . .

Your father was a hamster, and your mother smelt of elderberries. . .

Suldog said...

"Nee! Nee! Nee! Nee!"

Kat said...

Hahaha!!! That chart is hilarious! Love it!
I hope your week went quickly and you are now ready to put that Saturday face on again. :)