I am taking some of her weirdnesses as a launch point.
1. When I was a kid I could not eat the ends of hot dogs. This was in spite of the fact that from the age of 3-4 I only ate hot dogs, buttered noodles and applesauce for dinner each night. The way those ends pinched off just looked way tooooo weird to me. For the life of me I still CANNOT believe my parents tolerated that nonsense for a year. They really were not overly permissive people. Hhhmmm, come to think of it, I believe there was mention made of my antics causing the death of permissiveness...go figure.
2. APJ tells of dreams about the Lady with Flashlight eyes. When I was a kid, any time I had a fever I had the exact same nightmare. It started out with Tinkerbell iceskating in a dark ice arena. Then the giant from Jack and the Beanstalk came stomping in and he started throwing boulders at Tinkerbell until she was buried under tons of rubble. The giant was very angry and started coming after me in the stands. The really weird part was that he had no face, just two eyebrows knotted in fury. Every stinkin time I had a fever! As if being sick wasn't bad enough! The last time I had the nightmare Tinkerbell climbed out of the rubble, grew bigger than the giant, and buried HIM in boulders.
3. I'd like to skydive but the idea of SCUBA diving scares the crap out of me. Somehow the possibility of having my feet be the last thing that goes through my mind is less bothersome than a malfunction of my oxygen supply.
4. When I was a kid I used to like to peel my dad's sunburn. He'd burn himself at the start of every summer and I'd gleefully pull sheets of skin off his shoulders. Ok, I am sorry if you all are getting nauseous now.
5. As a result of working in the laundry of a nursing home one summer during college I now have to fold all my sheets and towels very precisely. The hemmed edge must be to the inside. Fitted sheets, which most people find challenging, will always look like they just came out of the package. When I was casted and unable to fold my own sheets and towels it was difficult to watch other people fold things the wrong way. When I got out of the cast, even though I was still in tremendous pain, I spent hours fixing the linen closet. Thank God for Vicodin. It helped with physical pain and the mental torture of improperly folded linens.
6. After I eat ice cream I have to have a beer pretzel. It's something about needing to balance out smooth and sweet with crunchy and salty.
Weird enough for ya?? Tell me some of your weirdness.
And now for something completely different...Friday 55!
My tongue ran along each side then swirled around the end slurping the precious dribbles there. I took the top between my lips sucking gently until it slid from my mouth. Gripping the base firmly, lost in the pleasurable act, I found my hand and mouth covered in stickiness.
Mmmmm, I simply love ice cream cones.
What did you think I was talking about?
Have a great weekend!
Have a great weekend!