Trini Tuesday will be delayed until tomorrow, but check back then for a visit to Trini beaches since so many of you gave me great beach suggestions.
Lecram Logo and Snavy have all marked blog milestones this week. So am I. Today is my 200th post so it's time for another 100s list.
I started this list in drafts a long time ago in. It sort of languished once I hit 50. Then I mangled my arm and suddenly there were lots of mundane things I could not do, things I very much am working to do again. In therapy I started a list of things I have as goals in my recovery. I'm slowly crossing things off the list and that feels great! Even something as silly as carrying a cafeteria tray is an accomplishment I will celebrate with a little cheer. So I decided to combine the two lists for this 100. They aren't in any sort of order but you may be able to figure out a lot of what I want to do and what I want to do again. My '101 things about Lime' list can be found here and my '100 things I've done' can be found here.
1. Get all 3 kids back to Trinidad.
2. Spend a few months in Greece.
3. Sleep in an Irish castle.
4. See Mombasa through my friend Regina's eyes.
5. Dance with my goddaughter in Ghana.
6. Learn to play the djembe.
7. Play guitar well enough not to embarass myself.
8. Learn swing dancing.
9. Learn latin ballroom dancing.
10. Learn to belly dance
11. Visit Australia.
12. See the 15 US states I have not yet been to.
13. Get my motorcycle license.
14. Own a BMW bike or a Harley.
15. Ride the bike cross country meanderingly.
16. Visit every continent, well, except Antarctica.
17. Hang glide
18. Sky dive
20. Land softly after #'s 17, 18, and 19
21. See a glacier.
22. Go back to Hawaii.
23. Meet a bunch of my blog pals.
24. Have them show me what they love most about where they live.
25. Get my Master's degree.
26. Become more proficient, if not fluent, in Spanish.
27. Relearn French.
28. Learn Greek.
29. Study Latin.
30. Take art classes.
31. Give good massages (Isaac tells me repeatedly how much he misses backrubs and footrubs).
32. Lose 25 lbs. (I did this 2 yrs ago and have slowly gained much of it back, time to start moving my fat ass again and watch what goes in my mouth)
33. Bathe in a tub of melted chocolate. (yes, I grasp the irony in listing this next)
34. Be licked clean after chocolate bath, woohoo!
35. Return the favor for my partner in the chocolate bath, yeehaw!
36. Develop some level of skill in martial arts
37. Develop some skill in fencing again. En guarde!
38. Learn to cook a decent curry besides curried venison.
39. Make more pottery.
40. Build a functional and beautiful piece of furniture.
41. Learn to spin wool.
42. Spin enough to make a sweater or shawl.
43. Make natural dye.
44. Dye the wool I have spun.
45. Knit a sweater or shawl from the wool I spun and dyed.
46. Make a quilt from start to finish, by myself.
47. See my children grown, happy, and productive, selfless people.
48. Love some grandchildren.
49. Go to the Fremont Solstice Parade.
50. Row a boat.
51. Paddle a canoe and a kayak.
53. Rappel down a cliff.
54. Visit the Grand Canyon.
55. Type with two hands.
56. Braid my hair.
57. Do a cartwheel off a diving board.
58. Do pushups.
59. Fly firstclass. I don't mind camping when I get where I'm going but cattle class sucks. If you're 5'4" and your knees bang the seat in front something is wrong.
60. Go whale-watching.
61. See the sea turtle migration at Toco, Trinidad.
62. Practice archery.
63. Juggle my Devil's Sticks with skill.
64. Turn a key in a lock.
65. Unscrew a really tight jar lid.
66. Swim with confidence.
67. Schereschnitte (intricate paper cuttings done by the PA Dutch)
68. Fraktur (PA Dutch calligraphy)
69. This one speaks for itself.
70. Shuffle cards.....UPDATE: NOW I CAN!
71. Carry my biggest stockpot to the sink by myself when it needs draining.
72. Dive off the high dive.
73. Go to the 4th of July celebration at the Philadelphia Art Museum.
74. Finish more complete geneologies.
75. Instill a sense of respect for heritage (minus a sense of superiority/inferiority) in my kids.
76. Have sex on the trampoline in the front yard. Mr. Lime thinks this is very weird.
77. See the Northern Lights.
78. Have a pet snake.
79. Have pet lizards.
80. Become more skilled in photography.
81. Paint this house, finally.
82. Unpack the boxes of pictures for the walls after the house has been painted.
83. Unpack the 2 boxes languishing in my closet for 2 years.
84. Learn how to keep my desk from being so cluttered. This is probably the least likely to actually happen.
85. Make sure each of my kids knows how to make a proper Funny Cake.
86. Tan a buckskin.
87. Do some very cool and lasting collage with lots of the artwork my kids have created over the years.
88. Push a full shopping cart with both hands.
89. Make a scrapbook for each of the kids.
90. Finish writing my series of letters to each of my kids.
91. Transfer the family movies to DVD or whatever the next technology is if that is superceded before I get to it.
92. Reorganize and maybe digitize the photo albums I inherited from both sets of my grandparents.
93. Tie dye.
95. Sew wearable garments.
96. Engage in my annual madness by baking obscene amounts of cookies for Christmas.
97. Weave a basket.
99. Body surf
100. Visit a bunch of the beaches you all suggested.
Have I missed anything? Add some suggestions. I'm up for all sorts of things. Thanks to all of you who make the blogosphere so fun, touching, creative, hilarious, and interesting!