- Certain parents are going to have one hell of a rough time in the teen years if they already let toddlers run the show.
- It's completely endearing to see a sweet, quiet, unassuming 82 year old woman shake it like a Poloroid picture when Outkast plays on the office iPod.
- Free food brings long lost patients out of the woodwork.
- It's a thing of beauty to see couples who have spent a lifetime together being tender with each other.
- Some folks receive healing from a little meaningful conversation as much as from chiropractic care.
- The older folks with a good sense of humor and who are inclined to smile the most are the ones who have the handsomest wrinkles.
- If the doctors could offer attitude adjustments along with spinal adjustments, many parents would sign up their kids for that service.
- Some people are just dumber than a box of rocks.
- Other people who have so many odds stacked against them, so few resources from which to draw, and who keep persevering are very admirable.
- I must be prepared to quickly disarm patients who pick up this implement and hold it to their temples. See also: dumber than a box of rocks.
- Viewing x-rays and getting to see all the weird places people have piercings is pretty hilarious. Somehow all those piercings are far less "sexy" though highly entertaining on a skeleton.
- From the couple who just celebrated their 61st anniversary when asked what was their secret. The husband replied, "She's a great cook." The wife added, "Kissing doesn't keep. Cooking does."
- Another patient lets me know where all the best grocery deals are every week. I like a good bargain but I suppose given the prior advice I could also consider it a form of marriage therapy.
- I should not wear a particular pair of pants because it makes me look "wide." A second opinion declares I should wear them because I got "good booty."
- Finally, if I have a need I shouldn't be shy about expressing it like one patient does with this button on her purse. And yes, I had permission to take a picture of it.